Concerts / Events
'Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo' chosen as the Picture of the Year in the 36th Japan Academy Prize
On March 8, the awarding ceremony for the "36th Japan Academy Prize" was held at Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa, Tokyo, and Kamiki Ryunosuke's starring movie "Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo" was the big winner, being selected for the "Picture of the Year", "Director of the Year", and "Outstanding Achievement in Film Editing."
The movie also received the popularity award (for the picture category), and Hashimoto Ai and Higashide Masahiro who both appeared in the film, have been chosen as two of the winners for the "Newcomer of the Year."
The director of the film Yoshida Daihachi shared his delight, "Thank you. I'm really surprised at this since I never expected to receive this much. I was able to film it freely with the way I wanted, and first of all, I would like to thank the producer for that. Then the young actors, as well as the staff members who let those young actors have the place to work to their complete satisfaction. I feel gratitude toward all of them from bottom of my heart."
When the announcement for the Picture of the Year was made, Hashimoto Ai shed tears, and said, "I'm happy to see the director's joyful face." Higashide who made his acting debut with the film, also said, "Kamiki-kun, the lead of this movie, could not attend today because of his work. It would have been great if all of us were here, but our hearts are one, so we will have a dinner party at my place later."
"Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo" is based on Asai Ryo's award-winning novel of the same name, and the story starts where the most popular student at the school, and the captain of the school volleyball team, "Kirishima" suddenly quits the team. This news about Kirishima shocks the entire school, and it also causes distortion among students which brings a disruption of the hierarchy at the high school.
Check out other winners of the 36th Japan Academy Prize, and the photos from the awarding ceremony below.
<Picture of the Year>
- "Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo"
<Animation of the Year>
- "Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki"
<Director of the Year>
- Yoshida Daihachi ("Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo")
<Screenplay of the Year>
- Uchida Kenji ("Kagi Dorobou no Method")
<Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role>
- Abe Hiroshi ("Thermae Romae")
<Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role>
- Kiki Kirin ("Waga Haha no Ki")
<Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role>
- Otaki Hideji ("Anata e")
<Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role>
- Yo Kimiko ("Anata e")
<Outstanding Achievement in Music>
- Kawai Ikuko ("Kita no Canaria-tachi")
<Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography>
- Kimura Daisaku ("Kita no Canaria-tachi")
<Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction>
- Sugimoto Takashi ("Kita no Canaria-tachi")
<Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction>
- Isoda Norihiro/Kondo Nariyuki ("Nobou no Shiro")
<Outstanding Achievement in Sound Recording>
- Hashimoto Fumio ("Rengo Kantai Shirei Chokan Yamamoto Isoroku -Taiheiyou Senso 70-nen me no Shinjitsu-")
<Outstanding Achievement in Film Editing>
- Kusakabe Mototaka ("Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo")
<Outstanding Foreign Language Film>
<Newcomer of the Year>
- Takei Emi ("Rurouni Kenshin"/"Ai to Makoto"/"Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu")
- Nikaido Fumi ("Himizu"/"Aku no Kyoten")
- Hahismoto Ai ("Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo"/"HOME Itoshi no Zashiki Warashi"/"Another")
- Sometani Shota ("Himizu"/"Aku no Kyoten")
- Changmin (Tohoshinki) ("Ougon wo Daite Tobe")
- Higashide Masahiro ("Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo")
- Matsuzaka Tori ("Tsunagu"/"Kirin no Tsubasa"/"Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu")
<Special Award from the Chairman>
- The late Shindo Kaneto (Film Director/Screenwriter : passed away on May 29, 2012, aged 100)
- The late Hashimoto Fumio (Recording Engineer : passed away on November 2, 2012, aged 84)
- The late Mori Mitsuko (Actress : passed away on November 10, 2012, aged 92)
- The late Yamada Isuzu (Actress : passed away on July 9, 2012, aged 95)
- The late Wakamatsu Koji (Film Director : passed away on October 17, 2012, aged 76)
<Special Award from the Association>
- Okayasu Promotion (Negative Editing)/Sanyo Henshushitsu (Negative Editing)
- Sugawara Toshio (Sword Fight Arranger)
- Baba Masao (Art Manager)
- Miyamoto Masae (Costume Designer)
<Services Award from the Chairman>
- "Odoru Daisousasen" series
<Okada Shigeru Award>
- Central Arts K.K.
<Special Award of Honour from the Association>
- Yamada Yoji (Film Director)
- Picture : "Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo"
- Actor/Actress : Oshima Yuko ("Yamikin Ushijima-kun")
[gallery link="file" columns="4" orderby="title"]
Source & Image(s): MANTAN WEB + Japan Academy Prize Association
There are 0 comments