Now Hiring and Summer Internships Available!
We're currently hiring for tokyohive!
The following position is currently available:
Part Time Journalist Position
For this position, you will be responsible in helping creating content and writing stories for tokyohive. You will report directly to the editor on duty and receive assignments in addition to being responsible for providing assistance. As such, the journalist will create / write content. This is a compensated position and you will work from home (telecommute).
Please also include your availability (times and days you are able to write for the site) in Eastern Standard Time. Be specific in your available time block, as it would help all those involved.
- Produce original in addition to translated content during your shift.
- Responsible for copy-editing all news content on tokyohive during assigned hours, must ensure all news is published in a timely manner.
- Assist in creating and determining new content and features.
- Work closely with editors and other writers on story assignments, including preliminary research, assistance with sources, and revisions.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional grammar, spelling, flow, and vocabulary.
- Candidate must be fluent in Japanese and English, Korean is also a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast- paced environment.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Self-starter with high motivation and self-initiative.
- Experience working with content management system – WordPress.
- Experience with photo-editing tools is a plus.
- High-level knowledge of Social Media.
- Experience working for a large publication is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and samples of your work / translation work to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject: [tokyohive- Part Time Journalist Position]
Summer 2013 Internship
tokyohive is also looking for talented, highly-motivated individuals who are fluent in both Japanese and English to fill positions for Summer Internship. If you’re looking to expand your resume and interested in the Journalism Field, we’re looking for interns to join our staff for the Summer of 2013. If you are a responsible individual who is able to work independently and possess strong communications skills, then we want you to submit your stuff!
*Please note: Internship is only for college credits and will need prior approval from your College/University.*
- Must be able to work out of our Edgewater, New Jersey office.
- We work hard but play harder, so get ready to have fun while working in the fast paced entertainment media business.
Intern Writer for tokyohive (Journalism Majors)
Writers are required to translate assigned stories, as well as research and utilize your own sources to report on the latest breaking news and celebrity gossip.
A very high level understanding of the Japanese language is mandatory. Self-motivation is extremely important, as well as being able to work under high pressure and short deadlines.
Intern Graphic Design/Developer Intern
Graphic Design/Developer interns will be working on various real-life projects for all 6Theory Media properties. Projects will range from UI/UX design, background/site takeover designs, flyers, article images, posters and more – here’s your chance to showcase your work to millions of people.
- Must have proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and knowledge of InDesign, HTML/CSS.
- Proficiency/knowledge of PHP/MYSQL is a plus!
If you feel you are qualified, please send your resume/cover letter/portfolio to email@example.com and indicate which Summer Intern position you are applying for in the subject (i.e [Summer Intern tokyohive Writer]). Deadline is June 1, 2013.
Regular office hours are Monday-Friday 10am-7pm EST (Work days/hours are flexible).
[ Profile ]
Give us a paragraph or two about your background and why we should be interested in hiring you. Please include any type of related qualifications that you think might help you – previous translation work is a major plus.
You must love dogs, as we have two Beagles (6Theory’s mascots) working out of the office daily.
There are 0 comments