Music Releases

Amuro Namie participates in TLC's 20th anniversary album

June 11, 2013 @ 3:25 pm

On June 11, it was announced that singer Amuro Namie is participating in the 20th anniversary album for popular American R&B girl group TLC titled "TLC 20 ~20th Anniversary Hits~."

This will be the first time for Amuro to participate in a song of a foreign artist. Reportedly, their collaboration happened due to an offer from TLC's side.

Under the name "TLC with Amuro Namie", Amuro is participating in "Waterfalls (20th Anniversary Version)" which is a new version of TLC's big hit song "Waterfalls". Amuro will sing the parts originally sung by member Left Eye, who tragically passed away in 2002. She will also sing the hook part.

Amuro left a comment, "I'm very honored to be able to participate in their 20th anniversary album."

"TLC 20 ~20th Anniversary Hits~" will be comprised of the new version of their big hit songs like "No Scrubsand "Creep," as well as some live tracks from their "Fanmail Tour."

The album will be released on June 19 in Japan.

Source & Image(s): MANTAN WEB + Shinseido

Comments

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 8:01 am

sounds great

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 6:56 am

Was a great collab, since they collab with hands on me pv too

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 6:28 am

I'm sure it's going to be a great collaboration!

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 4:20 am

looking forward to this :)

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

TLC are still together?!?!?! WTF?

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

R&B girl group TLC released a special version of "Waterfalls" on Tuesday to commemorate 20 years in the music industry. Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas teamed up with Japanese singer Namie Amuro to re-record the '90s single for a greatest hits set.

In honor of TLC's 20 years in the business, members T-Boz and Chilli decided to re-record their biggest hits for a special album release in Japan. Ahead of "TLC 20 ~20th Anniversary Hits~," the ladies put out a new version of "Waterfalls" with Amuro taking on the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes' legendary rap verse. The Japanese R&B star also contributes some backing vocals on this version that stays very faithful to the original. It's an interesting re-imagination of the honest and gloomy hit for a new audience.

Tokyohive further reports that "TLC 20 ~20th Anniversary Hits~" will feature new versions of "Creep," "No Scrubs" and other hits. TLC's greatest hits album will touch down in Japan on June 19.

Listen to TLC's "Waterfalls" featuring Namie Amuro on Tumblr.com

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 6:44 pm

AMAZING! I knew TLC when I was way younger! good reason to come back to it! ♥

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

Wow! That's very cool. I remember listening to TLC when i was little.

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

I still haven't listened to the whole song, must do! :)

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

This sounds cool...

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

interesting....I'm wondering how some of the new versions are going to sound like....

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:06 pm

That sounds so awesome! I wish it was available in the US though :I

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

I think this is pretty cool.

Wondering what some of the new versions are going to sound like, especially "Creep" and "Waterfalls"

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 7:47 am

This is awesome! Can't wait to hear it.

· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 9:58 pm

Aww looling forward to hear the new versions

Ha_ni
· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 8:59 pm
*Looking XD

· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 8:54 pm

I wish I can see them perform together! But this is gonna be awesome yaaaaay

· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 7:10 pm

This is so awesome. I was so frickin' sad the day Left Eye died. Love Namie Amuro, love TLC -- I haven't been this excited for an American album to drop since NSYNC was in style, lol.

Wish 'His Story' and 'What About Your Friends' would be on there but their Fanmail album was my second fave, so can't wait(!!!)^^~

· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 4:33 pm

btw...shitty album cover done by a 5 year old weeaboo.

crystal4life
· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 11:02 pm
well well hello there troll =)

· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 4:32 pm