On June 8th, it was reported that 16 third-year high school students from Kanagawa Prefecture suffered from food poisoning after eating at a yakiniku (Japanese fried meat dish) restaurant, “Sumibi Yakiniku Hormone Miki-tei”, located in Yamato city. Out of these 16 students, three female students were hospitalized (not life-threatening). Due to this incident, th restaurant in question is now prohibited from holding their business operations indefinitely in accordance with food hygiene law.
According to their homepage, the restaurant was identified to be the third chain of former Morning Musume member Fujimoto Miki’s restaurant chain.
According to the prefecture's officials, the students visited this store on May 31st after an athletic event and ordered the buffet course. Furthermore, according to the medical examination, Enterohemorrhagic e.coli 0157 was detected from some of the students.
Image: Yakiniku Miki-tei homepage