Active idol admits to relationship with fan and withdraws from group

July 12, 2013 @ 12:28 am
by HPriest
On July 11th, it came to light that an active member of a female idol group has been going out with a fan and thus decided to withdraw from the group. This news is about Shiotani Sayaka from the idol group "Alice Junban" that belongs to AliceProject.

Shiotani herself announced on her blog today that she has left both the group and the agency. She wrote, "I've retired from the group, because I've exchanged contact details with a certain fan and eventually went out with him."

She added, "I wrote down my contact address in a letter and sent it to this particular fan. Afterwards we've begun to go out with each other. This was brought to the attention of my agency and I personally decided to hand in my withdrawal. I'm really sorry for my low self-awareness as an idol and for my careless behavior. I know that I've betrayed a lot of people."

The blog post continued, "Until the end I've had problems growing accustomed to being an idol and really want to apologize for that. I'm also sorry for betraying my fellow members and causing them so much trouble. We've been spending more time together than with our families." She also posted a 11-minute long interview to explain her decision and to apologize to her fans. You can check out this clip above.

Meanwhile, her agency stated, "For an idol, actions like exchanging your contact address with a specific fan and meeting him in private can never be permitted. It's also our fault and the lack of control that allowed for such a situation to happen. We deeply apologize to all fans of Alice Junban and Shiotani Sayaka as well as all the people who are involved with the group." They have acknowledged Shiotani's withdrawal on the very same day.

Alice Junban is a 9-member metal idol unit known for their powerful performances including visual elements like stage diving and head banging.

Source: Cinema Today

Comments

· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 12:59 am

she said she had problems growing accustomed to idol life. sounds like she did this to get out of a contract. best of luck and hope is lasts.

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

ahh Alice Junban is a great group. everyone should check them out!!

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 7:35 am

I think she fell in Love .. otherwise she wouldnt give her contact away .. falling in love and dating is just human .. as she said ""Until the end I've had problems growing accustomed to being an idol  .." .. I can understand .. becoming an Idol is the same as giving up your human rights ..

lckci
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 11:06 am
but she never met the person before she gave him her contacts so i dont think she feel in love with him.
dudebro
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 3:08 pm
An idol's human rights don't go anywhere. She can quit being an idol any time she wants to. Lots of jobs place restrictions on your personal life.
AMNOS
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 5:49 pm
@lckci tho there was no mention of them never meeting them. i would think she at least knew him. and later fell for him

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 3:15 am

This provides a ray of hope for all idol fans out there that dreams really can come true for them... xD

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:15 am

Lol she didn't quit because she felt bad, she got the taste of some mad 4" D and quit for it.

irwinpks
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 4:37 am
Ha!! Hope it was worth it.

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 12:46 am

I understand that it is mandatroy to apologize and or leave the group for things like this in the indusrty, but I really feel like having a relationship with someone isn't bad. Although it is quite risky to exchange address and contact info with a fan seeing as how you wouldn't know how they turned out until you really got to know them. But if things work out then it just isn't a problem to me and I often feel bad that they have to go through these big ordeals just because they found someone that they love. I wish the best for their relationship.

lckci
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 11:10 am
She didn't have to leave the group,she felt it was necessary to do so. She could've stayed but on her own decided no to
2ne1Lovely
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 12:20 pm
@lckci I know, I said OR leave the group, there have been instances in other companies where they had to leave the group, I was talking about the industry as a whole.

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 12:43 am

Rules are rules, but I'm just wondering what exactly was she thinking when she gave a fan her personal contact info.

Like did she feel that comfortable enough with this person or deep down inside, was she trying to be rebellious in a way?  I'm mentioning the latter because of what she said about her having problems getting accustomed to an idol life.

· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 12:30 am

It doesn't exactly bother me that she wanted to date a fan, but exchanging contacts and whatnot seems kind of dangerous.