PV Releases

New girl group FAKY reveals PV for debut single, "Better Without You"

July 30, 2013 @ 2:45 am

FAKY have revealed the PV for their debut single, "Better Without You".

"Better Without You" is an uptempo tune withsynthesizer sounds and a powerful beat. The PV is set at an underground club, and it features powerful dance scenes from the new girl group.

SEE ALSO: FAKY leader Anna to graduate from the group

FAKY is comprised of 5 membersDiane, Mikako, Anna, Lil'Fang, and Tina. The name was created by combining the words "FAntastic" and "toKYo", and it also stands for "Five Ass Kicking Youngsters".

They will be making their debut this year under rhythm zone, and will havetheir first performance as the opening act for 'a-nation stadium fes. 2013' on September 1 at Ajinomoto Stadium.

Source & Image(s): natalie& FAKY's Official Website
Thanks to everyone who send this tip in!

Comments

· Posted August 7, 2013 @ 1:20 pm

I like this music and video!

· Posted August 5, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

That Anna girl is gorgeous! As far as the concept it's noting new and although I'm not a fan of the song (just not my type of music) the girls have nice strong vocals and they should do well.

· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 2:05 pm

Interesting concept.  Visually, the group has appeal.  Not crazy about the name.  If the Japanese pronounce the "a" the way they normally would, their name would become fodder for a lot of jokes--because it'd sound more like "fah-key" versus "fay-key"

· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

I like them! Just waiting for a better song XD

· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 4:50 am

WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 11:33 pm

I like it! :D

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

nothing new. but i love it soo far!!

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

"Party rock is in the house tonight~"...During the whole song I as expecting "shake that!" part....This song is like other dozen of "party/club" stuff, nothing outstanding. What a pity. And by the way, according to one proverb a ship will sail the way you name it.

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

Love their vocals and visuals. And will keep looking out for them, but the song freakin sucks. But I do like their charisma, they did their best with what they were given. Looking forward to their comeback but hopefully they will bury this song quickly.

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 11:11 am

I was actually looking forward to their debut, but eh, well it's hard to say after I saw this video. It's not all that bad, just that this isn't the kind of music I was expecting. I was hoping more along the lines of groups like Dream5, AAA, or even E-girls or Dancing Dolls. I didn't expect their music to have such a heavy Euro sound.

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 1:20 am

They have nice vocals...song is a bit typical though. I'll keep my eyes on them though...

· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 12:28 am

I had no problems in differentiating between the english and japanese parts. And I don't get why people are picking on them because of that. AAA, Namie Amuro and many other japanese artists mix english and japanese in their lyrics. And I don't see how they're overdoing their vocals, I expected a song with them screaming all the time like Christina Aguilera or something. But they actually don't, they just have great voices. It's like if j-pop fans got so used to cute-fake-pop voice that they are not used to hear people actually singing so they starting picking on them and finding things to criticize. They're gorgeous, they have great voices, I just didn't like the song for personal reasons, but I don't think it makes them bad.

makiyo_u
· Posted July 31, 2013 @ 11:08 am
AAA only has like one line of English while the rest are all in Japanese XD still, like you, I don't understand why are people even nitpicking on that because, FAKY is definitely NOT the only group that is doing that. There are so many groups and singers out there that have both English and Japanese lyrics in their songs...

· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

Meh they are okay I guess. I had a hard time differentiating between their English and Japanese. In all honestly idk why they have to sing in English (this coming from an American whose first language is English) it is JAPANESE POP/TECHNO...just saying.

sarang_chan
· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 10:58 pm
they're singing in both English and Japanese like many jpop singers do. There are also a lot of jpop singers that have been singing in English for a long time so it's nothing new. Plus, since some of the members are half-Japanese and can speak English, they are trying to appeal to an international audience.

· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

I actually.. disliked it (well I don't really like this uptempo, party music in general). Couldn't catch the English lyrics the first time around and missed out on a few words the second time around. They have killer vocals, but it sounds like they're just abusing it to the point I can't differentiate between English and Japanese :|. I will see if I like their next single because Anna is hot. /logic

· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 6:09 am

Wow, they sound great, but I'm not sure how this style of music/singing will go down in the land of cute-voice pop. They sound more like a Korean group, and by the looks of the members, have a very diverse line-up. I see Two Japanese, one Chinese, One Korean, and one mixed (white and Asian, can't pin the exact ethnicity). I will be keeping a close eye on these girls.

fade1928
· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 9:19 am
they are all japanese or half japanese, but I get a more euro-pop or western edm vibe from them...korean groups are very different
devinadedevil
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 8:31 am
not all J-music is about cutesy and high-pitched vocal, you know..
chudon
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 1:58 pm
Artists like Namie Amuro and Koda Kumi are far from being cutesy and high pitched...