Hamasaki Ayumi announces her engagement with a 25-year-old UCLA graduate student

December 13, 2013 @ 11:35 am
On December 12, Hamasaki Ayumi announced on her official fan club site "Team Ayu" her engagement with an American man.

SEE ALSO: Hamasaki Ayumi had a baby late last year

According to her announcement, her fiance is a 25-year-old graduate student at UCLA. The couple met each other through a friend's introduction during theNew Year holidays in January 2013, and began dating in the spring.

They got officially engaged on December 12, but they have not decided exactly when they would register their marriage at this moment.

Hamasaki previously married Austrianactor,Manuel Schwarzwho she co-starred with in her music videos in January 2011, but divorced in January the following year.

Source & Image: natalie

Comments

· Posted December 18, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

go go hamasaki sama xDDD

· Posted December 18, 2013 @ 12:04 pm

ah well.. congrats ayumi~ <3

· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

Not entirely sure how the comments devolved into an argument, but oh well. I hope that Ayu is happy. That's all I'm going to say. Rushed relationships don't work out often but I have seen some that are successful, so I'll wish her and her new beau the best.

· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

Ayu is a smart independent woman. And it's not like this would put her in danger or something.

Everyone can just guess how marriage for different ppl work and as long as I don't achieve as many amazing things she did I surely wont's judge over her decisions.

· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 10:55 am

I'm sorry but it looks like its gonna end up like her previous marriage

· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 7:43 am

"The couple met each other through a friend's introduction during the New Year holidays in January 2013, and began dating in the spring."

Of course i can't judge her actions as right/wrong, but does anyone else think that this decision to marry was rather... hurried? I mean, it hasn't even been a full year, and seeing how her previous marriage went, honestly i'm a little worried for her.

· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 7:15 am

Well lets hope this time it "sticks"

· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 4:27 am

Thought she was dating her dancer

· Posted December 13, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Honestly idk wtf is going on with Ayu but I think she is making a big mistake. IDC what anybody says it is what it is. I honestly think she has not been able to be happy since her breakup with Nagase tomoya. Also another white guy? I bet you he has an Asian fetish and she is willing to put up with it just because she feels alone. I give it a couple of months to a year.

lmm913
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 6:11 am
Love how you start off strong and then make the stupid wrong turn in to RACISTVILLE, which totally invalidates anything you said before that.
xsdx
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 6:35 am
uh...what makes you think he's white? Does marrying a jpop star involve having to have an asian fetish? Can't people love each other regardless of racist? What a racist prick.
la_mariposa21
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 8:06 am
@xsdx @lmm913 I honestly could give no FUCKING FUCKS about what you two morons think ;). It is a known fact that there are many white guys (not all of course) who love to fetishize women of color. You see that a lot with Asian girls especially. Also there were pics of her with a tall Caucasian guy who is the UCLA student. Look it up dumb asses. I am all for interracial dating. However, with Ayu's track record of utterly failed relationships I would not be surprised if that is what it is. My opinion and no fucks given ;D.
whippersnapper
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 9:01 am
I will try to avoid the obvious mine field here and try my best to be politically correct while I make a few points.. 1- She may not want a traditional Japanese man. 2- She's 35. That's considered "old" in Japan, but we don't consider it old. He's 10yrs younger. If the woman doesn't care whether the man is Japanese or not, gaijin men have some advantages over traditional Japanese men. Aside from the gaijin novelty factor, we don't care about stereotypical gender roles as much. She doesn't have to be a "housewife" for example. A traditional Japanese man probably won't get on one knee to propose, and is likely less open emotionally. There are many other advantages too. Don't just say it's because of some "fetish." Of course, everyone is different and there are "traditional" gaijin as well.
whippersnapper
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 9:01 am
@whippersnapper Sorry I tried to space out the paragraphs, but failed, and there's no edit button.
la_mariposa21
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 9:28 am
@whippersnapper First off thank you for being civil unlike the other stupid people that commented. I just don't like these stupid fan girls/ fan boys just attacking people on the internet for having opinions on a public forum. They could have said what they said the way you said it and I would have respected it. You bring up very valid points. I just hope that she is happy and this is not a repeat of her previously failed marriage. If it did not work in Los Angeles before then why do it again?
la_mariposa21
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 9:30 am
@whippersnapper Also I am sorry but being a woman of color myself I will always be suspicious about things like that. I wonder if the previous people who commented are POC? IF not then I think they should take several seats when it comes to talking about things like that. I think many women of color can attest to the white guy asian girl fetish/ every other woman of color fetish. Are there exceptions? Of course! Like I said I am all for interracial dating.
moidiom
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 1:17 pm
@la-mariposa21 I think that was a very educated guess on your part. If you walk around West L.A., it is hard not to make an assumption about the ethnicity of Ayumi's new fiance. The point is, he is likely to be non-Japanese. She has every right to date whomever she wants. Personally, I would not have gotten engaged. Chances are, she is just at the peak of her womanhood and is confusing lust with love, but that is her prerogative. She is allowed to make mistakes just like the rest of us. However, given her prior history, this just smells too much of the same thing. If you keep doing things the same way over and over, how can you expect a different outcome? I think people who are voicing their concerns really want Ayumi to be happy because she deserves to be happy. To those who scream racism about any descent of opinion, if you see people you care about ready to jump off a cliff, do you try to stop them or do you accuse of those trying to stop them for being non-supportive? That's all we're saying. I wish Ayumi the best.
la_mariposa21
· Posted December 14, 2013 @ 1:31 pm
@moidiom Thank you! Honestly that is my only concern. I am American and also from nyc one of the most diverse places in the world. I know my country and I know that like you said based on the area that is being said there is a 99% chance he is white. I have been a fan of Ayu since the 5th grade. I only want her to be happy and with someone who loves her. That is all.

· Posted December 13, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

I hope it lasts

· Posted December 13, 2013 @ 11:51 am

I don't know... it seems like she goes for the struggling artist/starving student type. Ideally, it shouldn't matter when you love each other, but love is the minimum requirement when you're in a marriage. I'm making a huge assumption here, but my guess is that she likes a pretty face and isn't very realistic. I wish her the best, but I think she is just repeating what she did the last time.