Concerts / Events

AKB48 announces another big team reshuffle!

January 26, 2014 @ 4:04 pm
by hayashi_natsumi

It has been announced that AKB48 groups will reshuffle for the third time since in 2012.

The shuffle will take place at the "AKB48 Group Dai Sokaku Matsuri" (AKB48 Group Big Team Shuffle Festival) to be held at Zepp DiverCity TOKYO on February 24.

The team shuffle was announced during the encore at the 4th day of the "AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014" held at the Tokyo Dome City Hall on January 26.

When there were only two songs left to the show, the words "Big Team Shuffle" suddenly appeared on the screen behind, surprising the members who had known nothing before hand.It was then announced that the shuffle will take place on February 24 at the "AKB48 Group Dai Sokaku Matsuri" at Zepp DiverCity TOKYO.

Upon hearing the news, the members who were near began hugging one another and several teared up, enveloping the concert hall with tension. At that moment, HKT48's newly appointed Team KIV captain Ota Aika said, "But I just became captain!", breaking the ice and drawing laughter from the audience.

While the members on stage are still confused, AKB48 group's general director Takahashi Minami said, "We don't know what kind of team shuffle will occur but as different people go on to different teams, AKB48 will be come even bigger and better in 2014. Please look forward to February 24, Zepp DiverCity TOKYO. Thank you."

More details on the "AKB48 Group Dai Sokaku Shuffle Matsuri" will be revealed at a later date.

SEE ALSO: AKB48 to launch sister group in Chiang Mai

Source: natalie

Comments

· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 8:23 pm

@mochichan But there are more and more graduations and the 2nd and 1st generation members are decreasing and do you remember team 8? i was actually happy there are going to be new members and a new concept. ive been wanting that for months.

· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 12:56 am

We need the draft members asap. AKB48 lost 70 members in the past 2 years. And graduations are still coming in the future. And NEW GENERATION OF GIRLS!!!

mochichan
· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 3:21 am
Lmao they lost 70 members but still have 80 members and like 20 KKS. You want more members? Do you actually rralize how CROWDED this group is???

· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 10:15 pm

I think the major change will be in team K since they are lack of stars right now

· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

The major downside to this that I see is the delay of the new stages, at least for Teams K and B. Team K's 7th stage was supposed to start this coming week and with this sudden announcement, that's not going to happen. Also, I doubt Team B's 6th stage will start on time as the new team members would only have 3 days to learn the new songs.

· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 7:52 pm

Really don't like this , I love the bond in Yokoyama Team A. They are so perfect together right now, it will be sad to see them get separate.

Guess everyone agree that this Reshuffle is to help Oshima Team K.

· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 6:12 pm

This is probably because Yuuko is graduating, Team K needs someone popular in there. Jurina is fine but how long will be she holding that double position?

findtheakarun
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 6:43 pm
People keep saying Jurina will be fully transferred to Team K, but that would completely ruin SKE. Rena can't hold down the fort on her own!
mb3345
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 7:16 pm
I agree, but I would imagine the likes of Kitahara Rie, Nagao Mariya and Muto Tomu fancied their chances of taking the vacated Team K senbatsu spot and will be pretty crestfallen

· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 6:11 pm

I have a really bad feeling about this...

· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 4:30 pm

My requests:

1: Put Mayuyu back on Team B

2: Put Kojiharu back on Team A

3: Put some older members on Team 4 to vary it more

4: Keep Karen on Team A

5: DON'T put Paruru on Team A

6: Put Miki-chan on Team B

7: Put Ume-chan back on Team K

8: Make Haruu the captain of something

9: Debut those draft members already!!!

mochichan
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 11:34 pm
1. No. A > B > K. Management have always like A more. If you like Mayuyu, you want her in team A(ce) 2. She's graduating anyway so why does it matter 3. Team 4 is great, leave it. The junior members actually is more popular than some senior members and they have Miichan guiding them 4. Agree 5. Agree..... 6. It doesn't matter where Miki is tho I want concurrent to SKE. With her dance energy, she can learn alot from one of the best dancers in 48G. 7. Umechan do a good job as captain. Minarun isn't the leader type, back in old 4, people said Haruu was the better leader. Yukirin's already done as captain. 8. She'll probably be captain with Yuko graduate 9. They're still training. I rather they train longer than debut quickly but with basic skills. We need more skilled members in AKB so w/e
findtheakarun
· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 3:31 pm
@mochichan 1) Team B is the classic cute idol team, and no one is more of a classic cute idol than Mayuyu. Team A is pushed more, but the senbatsu are typically spread out evenly through the teams. Actually, I'm just kind of OCD about having members of the original three teams on their starting teams. 2) Please don't say that just yet... she's my Kami-Oshi. I'd like to hold on to her for as long as I possibly can. 3) I still find them hard to take seriously as a team when all they have is new members + Mii-chan. We need some more sempai to even it out, and teach the new members. 4) Thank you. 5) Thank you. 6) That sounds good to me. Miki is my favorite 14th gen, and I think she's a great fit for Team B. 7) I agree she's a great captain, and I really don't want Minarun as captain, but I think she fits Team K better. Once again, I have that whole "original teams, original members" OCD thing going on. 8) I know, I just want to see Kayo. <333
findtheakarun
· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 5:18 pm
@mochichan Sorry, in my last reply I skipped 8 and listen 9 as 8. 8) I hope so. :) 9) What I said for 8 in my previous post.
sweetsenritsu
· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 5:48 pm
Totally agree with everything, but no opinion for 8 or 9 because I don't know any of those people well. And no3b are the only 1st gen left in AKB. They can't leave yet.