Important announcement regarding Morning Musume '14 to be made on January 22

January 15, 2014 @ 3:47 pm
by hayashi_natsumi
Tsunku (45), the producer of Hello! Project, relayed to the press through a fax on January 14 that he will make an important announcement regarding Morning Musume '14 at the "au release conference 2014 Spring" on January 22, 2014.

The fax said that, "It is to do with 'something' that will become a huge turning point for the girls. It will be a great challenge both for the girls, as well as for me." It continued, "Whether the fans will be able to accept this, it's a bet. To be honest, I am still wondering if I should announce this. However, this is a great chance for Morning Musume '14 to become superstars and I will believe in it as January 22 approaches.

Online, fans have speculated the addition of new members, transfers, graduation, as well as the addition of new producers for the group.

Source: Nikkan Sports
Image: natalie

SEE ALSO: Morning Musume '14's Suzuki Kanon & Sato Masaki suffer injuries during practice

Comments

· Posted January 17, 2014 @ 10:41 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 9:39 pm

Sayu's graduation? It would be shocking to me and it would be a challenge to leave a new Momusu without a senpai from a previous era... But 'something' could be a thing or idea, 'turning point' .... something fans would be divided to...? It's cryptic Tsunku, you just gave me a headache, I'll praise you for that! lol But seriously, why wait 6 days to announce it! T^T

yassie
· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 9:41 pm
how about a drama series? that would be huge~~ with love teams!!?? now that would definitely be something like he said fans might not like!

· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 7:09 pm

Maybe he's considering creating an international Morning Musume? I feel like MM already tried expanding into the international market during the Platinum Era, so an announcement like that wouldn't be surprising... I wonder what it is!!! Ah, Tsunku-san!!! Why do you do this to us???

· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 8:26 am

I think is going to be a collaboration with another really popular idol group but who knows!

· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 10:04 pm

So many bad possibilties are running through my head now smh... Hope it has nothing to do with splitting them up or introducing a rotating lineup where only like 5-6 members are active at a time... Plus they've been paying alot of attention to their foreign popularity so Tsunku trying to make them sing in english is always a possibility too...

There's some good possibilities like letting the members have more control like writing songs or creating the choreography and costumes... I wouldnt even be opposed to them letting Kenshuuseis stand in for regular members that are unable to preform for wutever the reason may be

· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 8:31 pm

Interesting, it's a very cryptic announcement. It seems too much to be just a member graduation or audition. Transfers are also unlikely to me as the statement only seems to be about MoMusu not Hello! Project as a whole. To me the graduation of Tsunku as producer seems quite likely, but doesn't fit perfectly with some of the statement either. Other possibilities that come to mind are a concerted push to break into international markets or a change in concept, perhaps to become a large group like AKB. Of course there is also a very strong possibility that the announcement is not as massive as its being made out to be.

kraftykaito
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:17 pm
Great predictions. Hopefully it'll be something that would convince me to follow MoMusu again. I wonder though what more they can do to become "superstars."
novakayne27
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 10:06 pm
yeah, the "superstars" word is wut scares me... He may be thinking on an international level and thats a pretty tough challenge