Morning Musume '14 & Morisanchu form a new unit 'Morimusu'

January 22, 2014 @ 4:44 pm
On January 22, idol group Morning Musume '14 and their producer Tsunku? who have been appointed as au's student discount campaign characters, made appearances for the "au release conference 2014 Spring."

During the conference, it was announced that they would form a new idol unit "Morimusu" along with female comedy trio Morisanchu's Oshima Miyuki and Kurosawa Kazuko who have been serving as the CM character for au. (One more member of Morisanchu, Murakami Tomoko is not included as she would be taking her maternity leave soon.)

SEE ALSO: Important announcement regarding Morning Musume '14 to be made on January 22

Tsunku?, who previously revealed that there would be an important announcement about Morning Musume '14, made a comment, "In order for Morning Musume '14 to become the most powerful group, I decided to form a new unit."

The leader of Morning Musume '14, Michishige Sayumi said, "We just changed our name to 'Morning Musume '14' this year, and now we are forming a new unit. I am bewildered honestly.", and other members also followed her saying, "This is surprising as it's too sudden." and "Unacceptable."

Regardless of the members' opposition, Tsunku? revealed, "I am also thinking about releasing a CD. The choreography and the song are almost complete. I am creating a formation dance including Morisanchu." Hearing that, Mischishige said passionately, "I can never let them take the center position!"

The new CM starring Morimusu will begin airing on January 24.

At the conference, Aikawa Sho, Goriki Ayame, and Fukushi Sota also made an appearance.

Source & Image: Oricon
?

Comments

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 1:10 am

LOL oh tsunku xD you just love to do this to us huh? I was having negative thoughts like member graduation or split up groups but after getting this information i was relieved ^_^

· Posted January 22, 2014 @ 11:41 pm

The 'special announcement' that I was so excited about... was this? This is why I hate you, Tsunku. <(-_-)>

· Posted January 22, 2014 @ 10:25 pm

LOL.... Why do i feel like we just got trolled by Tsunku... I thought it was gonna be something serious and it turned out like this... Still love the idea since this will gives a much needed outlet into more variety programs, cant wait for the benefits this will reap by joining forces with well known comedians

· Posted January 22, 2014 @ 5:30 pm

Wait, so does this mean there is no more morning musume? If there isn't then Tsunku is a idiot.. and I hate this idea... but if its just a sub unit then its not as bad . . .

angelica101
· Posted January 22, 2014 @ 5:53 pm
Since this is a subunit, I pretty sure that Morning Musume is not gone. The whole annoncing thing was a little bit overhyped, but it ended with really good news and more exposure for MM
zrangerzz
· Posted January 22, 2014 @ 5:59 pm
@angelica101 Yess ii agree !