Utada Hikaru to get married!

February 3, 2014 @ 8:30 am

On February 3rd, Utada Hikaru updated her official website announcing that she will be getting married.

SEE ALSO: Utada Hikaru updates Twitter after a month of absence

Below is a translated message from Utada Hikaru.

"I will be getting married soon.

I thought about making the announcement after quietly holding the ceremony, but I've already received inquiries and it seems there are already rumors, so I am making the announcement at this time.

I laughed a little because it was unexpected myself. My partner is an Italian man. He is the most 'common person', so for the safety of him and his family, I ask from the bottom of my heart to refrain from invasion of privacy.

Thank you for your warm support. I am sorry to make you worry so often. He is a faithful young man who is loved by many friends. His family is a large, cheerful, and lively family that would appear in mangas. Since I am at a good age, it would make me happy if you would please watch over me quietly."

February 3, 2014

Utada Hikaru

"Also... since I am still in mourning, I thought about putting off my marriage. But when I talked about him to my mother during our last conversation, she seemed so happy which made me think, 'how many years has it been since I've heard my mom so happy?'. I believe that my mother is certainly supporting me, so I decided to get married as planned."

Congratulations!

Source: Hikki's Website

Comments

· Posted February 15, 2014 @ 5:09 pm

LOLYaY!!!! Hiki is getting married and I wish the absolute best for her and and all the happiness life can offer!!!!LOVE YOU HIKARU???hearteyes!!!!!!

· Posted February 9, 2014 @ 8:08 am

· Posted February 7, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

That's great news. I'm happy for her. Wish her all the best :)

· Posted February 5, 2014 @ 10:41 pm

Congrats

· Posted February 5, 2014 @ 11:51 am

Congratulations! I hope for the best for you Utada!

· Posted February 4, 2014 @ 11:18 pm

Congratulation i am happy for you hope this time you will have a lifetime relationship with him.

· Posted February 4, 2014 @ 8:50 pm

Congradulations UTADA!!!!!

· Posted February 4, 2014 @ 1:48 pm

WOW! Congrats!

· Posted February 4, 2014 @ 7:36 am

Hikki! I'm so happy for you.... congratulations!!! ^__^ His kind of family is what you need, seriously. omedetou!!! <3

· Posted February 4, 2014 @ 7:01 am

Congratulations!

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 6:27 pm

Wow that came out of nowhere. Happy for her, she seems to really be ready for this.

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 5:29 pm

congrats!!!!

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 1:55 pm

What the hell? This was totally out of the blue. First an odd post about the street saying hi, and now this? I thought she was taking a hiatus to recover emotionally from the loss of her mother, but this blindsided me.

Then again, Japanese celebrities are totally different from US celebrities. We know all about them. It's all over the twitterverse, and media, but in Japan a lot of things are pretty hush hush. Pretty surprising considering these magazines that go AKB-hunting, etc. Maybe they have laws that help celebs keep a degree of privacy not possible in the US?

lanalee
· Posted February 4, 2014 @ 2:19 pm
If I remember correctly, she was already on hiatus before losing her mother. SInce like ... 2011 or something like that. Since she went aboard to rest and study things, Japanese medias probably didn't have the courage and time to follow her everywhere for 3 years lol.

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 12:45 pm

awwww congrats Utada<3.

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 11:54 am

I wish her a happy marriage life :)

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 11:54 am

I wish her a happy marriage life :)

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 9:57 am

He seems like a nice man, so I wish them a long and happy marriage. <3

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 9:25 am

</3 bittersweet

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 8:58 am

wow! this came out of no where. But im so happy for her .. yay!

· Posted February 3, 2014 @ 8:44 am

awww, Congratulations to both Utada and her fiance!