Morning Musume '14 to recruit new members

March 16, 2014 @ 12:57 am
On March 15, it was announced that popular idol group Morning Musume '14 would hold "Morning Musume '14 Golden Audition!" to recruit new members.
10~17 years old unmarried women of any nationality can apply for the audition.

SEE ALSO: Morning Musume '14's Suzuki Kanon & Sato Masaki suffer injuries during practice

On the official site, the producer Tsunku? explains, "As our current members' skills are getting higher, the selection criteria is also getting higher, but I'm sure there are so many people with amazing talents out there."

He also writes the purpose for this new member recruitment, "Thanks to the fans' support, 2013 was the year of big progress for Morning Musume, as they were able to top the Oricon single chart for 3 consecutive times. The year of 2014, I expect current Morning Musume '14 to take great leap forward to enter their golden era."

According to Tsunku?, the successful candidates will be introduced at Morning Musume '14 event in this fall, and while taking lessons, they will prepare to join the group in earnest in the new year of 2015.

Even if there is no successful candidate for this audition, if someone is chosen as semi-passed candidate, the person will be qualified to take free lessons as Hello! Pro Kenshuusei, and will also be able to participate in live activities. The semi-passer may have a chance to be selected as a member of new Hello! Project groups.

The application deadline is May 11. (Official site is here.)

Source & Image: Oricon
?
?
?

Comments

· Posted March 18, 2014 @ 4:49 am

I thought that 1 or 2 of the girls who failed the 1st 12th Gen. audition would be great in MM. There are also so many KKS who have incredible potential. :) I'm looking forward to it. It might be a lot, but I hope they add 2 or 3 girls. Another 1 person generation would be so lonely!

· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 10:39 am

Even so, like Tsunku says, the current groups level of ability is higher than it has ever been... Tsunku is smart and has a good eye for talent, especially future hidden talent...Wutever girl is chosen has to be able to keep and potentially surpass the monsters that are already in the group so im looking forward to see if anybody gets chosen

findtheakarun
· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 6:55 pm
I might get a lot of downvotes for saying this, but the "highest level of ability" thing is a joke and everyone knows it. IMO, Platinum was the most skilled generation, followed by Golden. These kids have nothing on their sempai.
novakayne27
· Posted March 17, 2014 @ 12:32 am
I agree with the platinum era being the best but u gotta account for their age and how much experience they had in the game. This current generation averages like 15 years old and they are already at a level this high and you know they are going to get even better. Most people confuse talent with popularity, while i agree that they were highly popular, most of the golden era Momusu's probably wouldnt pass the audition for the current gen

· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 10:37 am

Two words...Sasaki Rikako!!!!! Just like how he held an audition just so he could promote Oda, he's gonna hold another audition just so he can promote another Kenshuusei

· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 6:29 am

Oh no... I have a bad feeling about this... Concerning Sayumi ...

findtheakarun
· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 6:58 am
My thoughts exactly!!!

· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 4:18 am

I still don't think it's necessary. He should just hold a H!P Kenshuusei audition instead. Momusu is full enough. At least wait until someone else graduates...

minaee
· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 5:56 pm
Sayu will most likely graduate soon, so an additional member would be good. If they were to keep the lineup like this until 2015 it would be like Platinum Era and we all know how that ended. MM will always be a rotational group.
findtheakarun
· Posted March 16, 2014 @ 6:51 pm
@minaee But I just think they should wait UNTIL Sayu graduates. I don't mind a rotating lineup. If anything, I like it. It keeps things interesting. I just think Mosusu is big enough right now.