Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume.'14 & Hello! Project this fall

April 29, 2014 @ 3:58 am

It's been reported that Michishige Sayumi will be graduating from Morning Musume.'14 and Hello! Project this fall.

The news was announced on April 29 during the Yamaguchi concert of Morning Musume.'14's live tour 'Morning Musume.'14 Concert Tour Spring ~Evolution~'. Michishige, who is the member with the longest tenure in the group's history, commented, "Since I became leader about 2 years ago, I've been saying that I wanted to return Morning Musume a favor. During that time, although it wasn't through my strength alone, we got 5 consecutive number one singles, and through various activities, I feel that I was able to return the favor little by little. Then I discussed it with Tsunku?-san and the agency, and I decided this year's fall tour was my time to graduate."

SEE ALSO: Morning Musume '14 top Oricon weekly single ranking 5 consecutive times for the 1st time

Producer Tsunku? explained the reason why Michishige announced her graduation at this concert, "It was her wish. To the members, she didn't want to suddenly announce it on the concert stage. She wanted to directly talk to them before announcing it to the public. So she told them the night before. Then to the fans, she wanted to announce it from her hometown Yamaguchi, so it was decided that she would announce it during the live today." Michishige will graduate from the group after the finale of Morning Musume.'14's fall tour.

Michishige joined Morning Musume as its 6th generation member in 2003. After becoming the 8th leader in 2012, she has been leading the young members of the group. She has also been active in her solo activities by appearing on variety shows.

Source & Image: natalie

Comments

· Posted May 4, 2014 @ 2:26 am

*cries*

· Posted May 1, 2014 @ 1:24 am

i have calm down a little but yesterday the tears wouldn't stop, i really dk what i feel about this, but i will continue to support Sayu and Momusu no matter what

· Posted May 1, 2014 @ 1:15 am

· Posted May 1, 2014 @ 1:08 am

· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

I'm actually happy for her and for Morning Musume. Even though I liked her big personality, the truth is that keeping a member from the 6th generation drags them down Even though her popularity pushes them forward). The point of the graduations is to keep rotating members and it's sad that Koharu, Aika, JunJun, and LinLin left so long before the complete 6th gen graduated. The fun is to see new faces mixing with old ones and, when they graduate, see them move on with their careers. Sayumi is definitely a favorite but she has done great as a leader and I'm pretty sure that the rest of them can do well after her graduation. This will definitely be a true new era for MM.

· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 8:57 am

Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.

· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 6:40 am

I'm surprised she lasted this long to be honest. But man the nostalgia... She was perfect in every way. The last string of the old generation huh, its sad isn't it. April the 29th will be the date of celebrating for Sayumi ! All Variety shows + Hello Morning + Hello Pro + Utaban (I feel as though Utaban should have an honourary mention lol) But yeah, Good luck in the future and dw guys this definitely will not be the last time we see her !! Morning Musume For life.

zrangerzz
· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 6:47 am
I mean this fall ...

· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 3:50 am

Tears will be shed on her graduation! Hoping she goes out with a bang like Reina did! And hoping 6th gen and other OG make a surprise appearance! Wouldn't it be cool if most of the OGs they can invite came and gave encouraging words to the new era? I feel like that would be the sort of concert that Sayu might plan---considering she still keeps in touch with ex-Momosu members.

I'm a bit afraid for the new era though. Performance-wise, they can very well do with or without Sayu. However in terms of variety and personality, they need a bit of work. I honestly believe in my heart that Maachan can be their saving grace in terms of variety. I hope they've already tapped into that potential.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 8:04 pm

Sigh I guess that means they are not my bias anymore. Sayumi was the only reason. But I will still try to check their new songs because of Riho.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 5:23 pm

Her graduation really doesn't surprise me but that it's still really painful. She's not my favorite in the current lineup but she was the link to Morning Musume past. It feels like the group has 'reset' as a Morning Musume 2.0 starting with the 9th gen. With Sayumi gone that process will have completed. I can't think of them as being the same Morning Musume, although I am into the current members enough to still follow them

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

I'm done... I can't stop crying :( I was going to create a video about this but I don't think I'm able to right now :(

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 1:04 pm

Shes gonna go down as one  of the greatest Idols in history. I've never seen anybody work as hard or sacrifice so much for the sake of the group. Now is the best time to go though, with the resurgence of Morning Musume, her being picked to be MTV Music Awards host, and the string of 5 soon to be 6 #1 singles. Its the end of Sayu the idol, and maybe the beginning of Sayu the next H!P producer lol

shiroichanuk
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 2:14 pm
There's no way I could agree more.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 12:35 pm

I use to like MM. Stopped following them mid way through their 6th generation. Can't believe it's up to 11 now. Are they still popular? All I hear is akb48 didn't think MM is popular anymore.

ohasumi
· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 3:41 am
The story is that they're starting to rise up and are determined to break the shell that was the old Morning Musume. As for Sayumi, she's the last link to the old era. When Sayumi graduates, the link to the past will finally be broken and Morning Musume will be completely reborn. I hope they succeed. Their history and story is what really makes me want to root for them. :)
TIMMII
· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 6:39 pm
Not a million sales like AKB, but they are getting better from the platinum era. They just got 5 consecutive single number 1 weekly sales in Oricon chart.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 9:48 am

Aaand, now I've lost interest in Momusu entirely. Well, maybe Ayumi can salvage it for me just a little bit. And Kanon isn't half bad. But they still will never be what they used to be.

bowlofrice
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 9:02 pm
riho,oda and kuduu are great singers + the other members are very pretty. Also if you see Hello!Pro's trainees, they are very cute and talented. Try giving the next gen a chance. I thought I gave up when Reina left but here I am still here :)
findtheakarun
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 11:43 pm
@bowlofrice I don't much care about vocals or attractiveness as much as variety talent, and other than Sayu none of the members are strong in that catagory from what I've seen. Perhaps you can prove me wrong?
ohasumi
· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 3:43 am
@findtheakarun I'm personally not going to encourage you to stay or leave the fandom. I mean I think it's completely fine to lose interest in something. But you said you might stay for Ayumi and Kanon so I just wanted to say I'm glad for that sentiment!

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 8:41 am

MM was good to 7th? 8th? gen in my memories, now everyone is gone and it won't bring me anymore memories watching this whole new generation, I guess I gotta move on kinda becoming an old fan for them haha

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 8:31 am

It's so sad to see her leave! I really liked her. I wish her the best, I will really miss her in Morning Musume!

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 5:49 am

While it took me a while to warm to her, I am sad to see her leave. She did well as a leader (better than I expected) and she did anything she could to help keep them in the news during the last few years.

Sayumi you did the group proud. Good luck.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 5:34 am

she deserve Saitama super arena or yokohama arena as her graduation concert.

novakayne27
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 2:47 pm
Yeah for her, i kind of want something bigger and more meaningful than the typical Budokan. She earned the big budget busting graduation Come on UFA, dont be cheap now

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 5:18 am

Followed them for 10 years, I never get used to the graduation. But this is also a part of being a Momusu' fan. I wish her all the best. Sayu is a great leader that bring the group back to where it should be.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 5:13 am

I remember just seeing her in morning musume in 2007. how nostalgic. well, it's time to move on. I will miss her in morning musume. without her, momusu is not momusu to me. but I'll still support momusu no matter what! they are the one who attract me to Jpop. will support both sayumi n momusu.