Anime / Manga

Voice actress Mitsuishi Kotono to reprise role of Sailor Moon in upcoming anime Sailor Moon Crystal

April 29, 2014 @ 3:17 am
by hayashi_natsumi

The cast of the upcoming anime "Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal" has been revealed. The series will be streamed worldwide through NicoNico Live Broadcast in July.

"Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal" is the newest series of the hit 1990s anime "Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon". It was announced that the original voice actress for the protagonist Tsukino Usagi/Sailor Moon, Mitsuishi Kotono, has been selected to reprise the role.

The other four guardians are new additions. Mizuno Ami/Sailor Mercury will be played by Kanemoto Hisako, Hino Rei/Sailor Mars by Sato Rina, Kino Makoto/Sailor Jupiter by Koshimizu Ami, and Aino Minako/Sailor Venus by Ito Shizuka.

The anime will begin streaming on NicoNico from 7pm on July 5, and new episodes will be released every first and third Saturday at 7pm.

The news was released at the "Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Project Special Stage" held during NicoNico Choukaigi 3 on April 27 at Makuhari Messe where the staff for the anime were also present.

SEE ALSO: tokyohive interview with Momoiro Clover Z

Source & Image: comic natalie

Comments

· Posted May 1, 2014 @ 1:25 am

wow!!! i'm so happy !! Kotono Mitsuishi was my first favorite seiyuu!!

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

I hope they can bring back as many of the original cast as they can :)

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

great

i cant wait to watch this

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

I wish they could've gotten Aya Hisakawa and Michie Tomizawa back on board but I'm so thrilled that Kotono's back :'D Though I hope T?ru Furuya can come back too :3 He's been at all the big announcements, which I'm taking as a good sign >.> x x x

findtheakarun
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 1:33 pm
Tomizawa is retired now. Hisakawa is still very active, though, so I'm surprised they didn't get her. I'm wondering if they'll bring back Han Keiko for Luna. She was very good. It would be awesome if they'd bring in her daughter, Megumi.
ash3070
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 4:32 pm
@findtheakarun I know she's retired but apparently she came out of retirement for a role in 2011 and there were quite a few people speculating that she might do the same for what is, arguably, her most famous role. Not only is Hisakawa active, but she's still working for Toei, which makes the decision not to bring her back doubly strange. Keiko was a great Luna, but as someone who was never as massive Luna fan, I'd welcome a fresh approach. It'd be very cute though, if this daughter voiced Luna! :D What has she been in? I've never heard of her before >.< x x x
findtheakarun
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 11:22 pm
@ash3070 Wow, I didn't know Tomizawa came out of retirement. Han Megumi is relatively new as a seiyuu, but she's had minor (so far as I know, I've never seen any of these series) roles in Yu-Gi-Oh, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, and quite a few other things. She voiced the title character in the Japanese dub of Carrie, and got a main role in the latest PreCure season. For someone who started in '11, she's had a good bit of work.

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 9:51 am

Hooray! Casting! Kanemoto is known for cute roles so I'm not sure how well she can pull this off, but I think she'll manage. Sato will do well, I'm sure of it. Koshimizu is one of my favorite seiyuu, playing my favorite senshi, so I'm very excited about this. I don't know much about Ito, but I think she's pretty well-suited to Minako. And of course Mitsuishi is a goddess. <3 Great casting list. I'm very excited! ^^

ash3070
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 4:37 pm
I haven't heard of any of these seiyuu before, but I looked up Sato and was very impressed. Her performance as that lightning girl was JUST what I'd imagine Reito be like :3 I saw a clip of Kanemoto as one of the Cure girls and she seemed to do the quiet, shy voice pretty well, so I think she could do a good job. From looking up Ito, I haven't seen anything that screens 'Minako' but I'll reserve judgement for now :/ I couldn't see much for Koshimizu though :/ What has she been in? x x x
findtheakarun
· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 11:34 pm
@ash3070 Koshimizu is known for rather boyish roles, which works perfectly for Makoto. Wikipedia lists all her roles, look for something you recognize: http://en.wikipedia(dot)org/wiki/Koshimizu_Ami

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 8:48 am

childhood serie this will be very nostalgic going to watch this as an adult now loll

· Posted April 29, 2014 @ 3:22 am

Nice~

I can't wait to see the new series!