Dramas

Additional cast members for upcoming drama 'LIMIT' revealed

June 13, 2013 @ 10:59 pm

It has been revealed that former AKB48 member Masuda Yuka will make an appearance on TV Tokyo's upcoming drama "LIMIT".

"LIMIT" is a live-action drama adaptation of Suenobu Keiko's popular manga. The protagonist is a high school girl named "Konno Mizuki". One day, Mizuki's class goes on a field trip, but on the way there, their bus falls off a cliff in the mountains. Only five girls including Mizuki survive the accident. They are injured, lost in the mountains, and no one is coming to rescue them anytime soon. Pushed to their limits, the girls are forced to switch into survival mode and to lay bare their innermost feelings.

Last month, it was already announced that actress Sakuraba Nanami would play the protagonist, and three of the four other girls would be played by Tsuchiya Tao, Kudo Ayano, and Yamashita Rio

Now Masuda has been added as the fifth girl who survives the accident, named "Usui Chikage". Regarding her role, Masuda said, "I felt a little anxious about if I would be able to play this role when I read the manga, as the character is like the exact opposite of me. However, after the filming started, I feel that I could become Chikage-chan little by little while getting help from other cast members. I hope the viewers could see Chikage being similar to the original manga."

Other cast members announced along with Masuda include, Suzuki Katsuhiro (as "Hinata Haruaki", a classmate of Mizuki), Kubota Masataka (as "Igarashi Wataru", assistant teacher of Mizuki's class *original character for the drama), and Watanabe Ikkei (as "Konno Hirokazu", Mizuki's father).

"LIMIT" will begin airing on July 12th (every Friday at 12:12 am).

Source & Image(s): Oricon

Comments

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

Rooting for you yuka I ll be sure to watch

· Posted June 17, 2013 @ 10:29 am

The manga was really great so will definitely watching this drama!!!

· Posted June 16, 2013 @ 11:49 am

As much as I love Yuutan in AKB, it's nice to see her more in other activities. I'm glad that we can still see her/feel her presence.

· Posted June 16, 2013 @ 9:58 am

I'm excited for Yuka-chan~!

Looking forward for this show!!

· Posted June 15, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

I read the manga, so i'm definitely looking forward to it (and the cast looks promising too!!)

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

Cool! I'm definitely watching this when it starts to air

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

The boys are really cute so I will watch this (lmao that's almost my only requirement to watch a drama).

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 1:01 pm

so Yuka is gonna play the injured girl who goes crazy? Wow Looking forward to seeing her acting skills!!

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

oh cool. didnt read the manga but soon will.

cant wait for the drama as well

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

It's good to see an AKB48 graduate member can still make it in this business. Wish her all the best with this drama :)

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 11:11 am

whoaaa, LIMIT is one of my favorite manga. the story is rather scary but it's interesting. I hope she can act well in this drama ^^

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 10:07 am

The story seems really cool, I might actually look up the manga. I've always liked her when she was in AKB hope she does well

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 9:49 am

I can't wait to see this. I loved her in AKB48, and I'm sure she'll be great here too.

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 8:02 am

Finally another activity of Yuttan after she graduated (〃^∇^)ノ
I've always loved Yuka's acting
Can't wait to see the drama ^^

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 7:50 am

Wow, that sounds really interesting. Seeing Yuka in something makes me really excited! Definitely watching this.

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 7:10 am

I didn't expect to see Kubota Masataka in this drama but I think it will be interesting

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 6:28 am

Suzuki Katsuhiro and Masuda Yuka together in a drama series?

Wow. This is interesting! :)

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 4:03 am

I sooo want to see this!

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 3:44 am

yay! I love Yuka. she was my second fav in AKB. I think i will watch this drama cause the plot sounds interesting and Yuka is in it.  She seems to be doing so well post AKB and I am so happy for her.

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 2:41 am