Dramas

AKB48's starring "WONDA" coffee CM series to become a short drama

June 21, 2013 @ 12:05 pm
by simplymissj

On June 20, it was announced that popular idol group AKB48's CM series for coffee brand "WONDA" (from Asahi Beverages) will be made into a one-night only short drama series that will air on July 7.  The members star and appear in the CM in relay-style format as office ladies.

The drama, entitled "AKB48 Short Stories" (temporary name) will be broadcast from 12:25 AM to 1:25 AM on Fuji TV.  The drama is comprised of a omnibus of 6 short stories.  The CMs that have been broadcast so far have had members including Oshima YukoKashiwagi YukiKojima HarunaShinoda MarikoShimazaki Haruka, and Watanabe Mayu appear as office ladies in various situations.  The drama positively depicts somewhat ordinary daily events and happenings.

Actors Owada ShinyaOsugi Ren, and Emoto Tasuku, all of whom have appeared in the CMs, will also appear in the drama. Additionally, SKE48 member Shibata Aya, who rose a significant number of spots during the "AKB48 Senbatsu Election" and received the "Jump-up Prize," will appear in the drama as promised with the prize.  Her role will garner a lot of attention.

Source and Image(s): Oricon

Comments

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

Aww, congrats, Aya! Even though it is only for an hour, the drama sounds really interesting; I may have to watch it. ^^

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 10:24 am

I love the Wonda CMs! They're really nice and happy. I'm looking forward to this! And good for Aya!

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 8:23 am

So....it's like an hour long commercial then? An infomercial :)

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 1:53 am

It's an interesting concept. I'm anticipating it

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

One of my favorite CM become a short drama, sounds good. So it will be 1 hour drama? Still meh Tomochin not appear

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 7:39 pm

Woohooo Ayachan will appear in this short drama! Excited! They should give Suda Akari a role too since she made it to AKB Senbatsu.

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 6:19 pm

I hope I'll be able to watch them >.<

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

If I only live in Japan... I would be able to see this... :(

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

awww no Tomochin

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

testing

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

I really liked the CMs, I think this is going to be great, I'm absolutely gonna watch it.

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

Can't wait to see the drama! The Wonda CMs were all very interesting.
Moreover Shibata Aya will have a role! This is going to be interesting.