Movies

BUMP OF CHICKEN to sing for 'Gatchaman' live-action film

June 21, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

BUMP OF CHICKEN's new song, "Niji wo Motsu Hito", has been chosen as the theme song for the upcoming 'Gachaman' film that will open in theaters on August 24.

The film is a live-action adaptation of Tatsunoko's popular anime, 'Kagaku Ninja-tai Gachaman'. The collaboration between the film and BUMP OF CHICKEN was implemented when the production staff gave the offer to the band. According to the members, "Niji wo Motsu Hito" is "a song that is filled with the things we want to do right now.

Matsuzaka Tori, who is the lead for this film, commented, "It matches the movie's worldview perfectly and it's a song where you will find yourself immersed in the aftertaste of 'Gachaman'. The melody is also impressive. It will remain in your head after listening to it once."

BUMP OF CHICKEN will simultaneously release 2 best-of albums, "BUMP OF CHICKEN I [1999-2004]" and "BUMP OF CHICKEN II [2005-2010]", on July 3. In September, they will start their arena tour, "BUMP OF CHICKEN 2013 TOUR 'WILLPOLIS'".

Source & Image: natalie
Tip: JTM

Comments

· Posted August 29, 2013 @ 10:33 am

Oh, yeah, I'll totally see this.

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

Seems like a really good movie. looking forward to its release :D

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 11:09 am

I am so looking forward to this movie, love Tori! =D

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 11:50 pm

sdlkfjsld I'm so excited to watch 'Gachaman' *O* and now knowing that BUMP OF CHICKEN's new song is going to be the theme song makes me more excited haha

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 11:21 pm

It's not type of movie I would usually watch
But I'll try to check it out because of Bump of Chicken ><

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

The movie isn't really my type, but the cast is wonderful so I'll check this out.

The song sounds great! They were smart to choose BUMP OF CHICKEN for it.

Also, the ending of the trailer surprised me when the guy said "Gatchaman" in an American accent hahaha

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 8:40 pm

This is COOL, a must see J-movie, i can't wait full movie appears

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

The trailer is very cool! even the BUMP OF CHICKEN's song too!!! I'll be waiting for the movie! OMG this is the first time i get excited with J-movie! Before i watch the movie, i should watch Kagaku Ninja-tai Gachaman' first!

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Wow, that trailer was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 4:58 pm

Still waiting for the movie... but when I saw the actors and actresses... then I heard the theme song... OOOOOOOOH YEEEEESSS!! I can already say that the movie IS awesome!

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

:)! NEEDS TO GO JAPAN TO SEE THIS MOVIE BIG SCREEN OR AM BEGGING THEM TO BRING IT TO UK !!

I love the fact one of Tori's Fav Bands is singing the theme song , their an amazing band to and the trailer is badass !

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 1:54 pm

wow this looks sick!!!

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

I was already waiting for this movie and now even more if Bump of Chicken's song is on it!!!!