Movies

Anime / Manga

First shots of upcoming "Kuroshitsuji" movie revealed!

June 7, 2013 @ 7:53 am

On June 6, the first shots of upcoming movie "Kuroshitsuji" (aka "Black Butler"), starring Mizushima Hiro and Goriki Ayame, were revealed.

"Kuroshitsuji" is a live-action film adaptation of Toboso Yana's ongoing manga of the same name, which is currently being serialized through Monthly GFantasy. Though the original manga is set in 19th century England, the film adaptation follows an original story that takes place in a fictitious city in Asia where western and eastern cultures are intermixed, 130 years after the original. Mizushima plays "Sebastian Michaelis", the demon butler who is cultured, refined, a master in martial arts, good-looking... he is practically perfect. On the other hand, Goriki plays the master of Sebastian, named "Genpo Shiori" who disguises herself as a man.

This will be a comeback movie for Mizushima as an actor, as it's been 3 years since he last appeared in a film. Apparently, Mizushima dropped his weight to the 50 kg range and trained for 4 months for the action scenes to prepare for the role. The filming began on April 1, and it was held mainly in Kyushu for a month and a half.

Mizushima commented, "My first filming in a while proceeded steadily. I felt as if I was mountain climbing. Now that the filming is over, I am feeling a sense of accomplishment just like the feeling when I reach the top of a mountain. It's a commemorative work as the last one in my twenties, and it makes a record of myself trying my best as an actor, so I'll continue throwing all my energy into 'Kuroshitsuji' until it finishes playing in theaters."

Mizushima also made a comment about his co-star Goriki, "I got goosebumps whenever I felt the pain and sorrow that exuded from her words." Goriki also spoke very highly of him as she said, "Mizushima-san's role Sebastian is supposed to be perfect and smart, but Mizushima-san's acting was also really amazing. Every single one of his actions, even the movements of his hands, were graceful. So I'm sure it will be one of the highlights of this work. I'm glad that Mizushima-san is the lead for this movie."

Source & Image(s): MANTAN WEB + eiga.com

Comments

· Posted June 15, 2013 @ 11:48 am

Why ayame chan looks weird here? = ="

I want to watch Hiro again !

· Posted June 15, 2013 @ 7:14 am

I so look forward to this. I miss Mizushima Hiro so much.

· Posted June 15, 2013 @ 2:51 am

The cast looks cool. But i'm worried about how much they gonna change the story. Hope it wont reduce Kuroshitsuji persona.

· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 8:59 pm

MIZUSHIMA HIRO

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 8:19 pm

I am definitely looking forward to this movie.
Is it just me, or is there anyone else who also thinks that Mizushima Hiro fits the role of a butler perfectly? I mean, his character in 'Mei-chan no Shitsuji' is unforgettable. I enjoyed that drama. This movie is going to be loved too, I'm sure.

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 9:21 am

I wanna watch this so bad, it looks really good and I love her acting, she's seriously amazing

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 8:59 am

yay Mizushima as Sebastian... looking forward to it...

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 8:42 am

the actors' comments raised my anticipation and curisority about the final result even more!

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 4:40 am

kyaaaa~ mizushima hiro's comeback!! <3 gosh i'm so psyched!!

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 7:17 pm

im so excited for this black butler is one of the few animes that i watched and mizushima is back finally and i love gouriki so much this will be awesoem :D

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

wat do i sayyyyyyy :DDDDDD Hiro is back and he is sebasu~ :D <3 dam i want a butler~ ><

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

I will definitely watch this because I love the manga (and I've been waiting for Hiro-kun XD)

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 2:44 pm

JVNBSKDLBVAJ Nooo~ I can't believe they but another character in for Ciel :'(
Nonetheless, I will still watch this because Kuroshitsuji is one of my favorite anime and manga; also Yuya's musical was so amazing, I can't even~
Definitely looking forward to watching this~

· Posted June 10, 2013 @ 9:14 am

Ohh its totally disappointing that Ciel will be a girl :/ wont even want to watch

Joicerojo
· Posted June 10, 2013 @ 6:18 pm
As I understand Ayame will not play Ciel, she will play a character that it is similar to Ciel
laynicorn
· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 10:37 pm
Ayame Goriki is playing Shiori Genpou.

· Posted June 10, 2013 @ 1:47 am

I'm excited for this and hopefully the movie live-action version will be great 'cuz the manga/anime rocked it. Also looking forward to Hiro-san's comeback.

I still disagree with the casting of Ciel with a actress...

· Posted June 8, 2013 @ 10:32 pm

Wait so a girl will be playing Ciel ??

· Posted June 8, 2013 @ 7:15 am

Everything is great.

Except...

the eye-patch is weird...

· Posted June 8, 2013 @ 4:12 am

so beautiful~

· Posted June 8, 2013 @ 2:18 am

Finally!!! It's been three years..glad to have you back Hiro..Welcome back. It's gonna be an awesome movie..loved the anime as such.

· Posted June 7, 2013 @ 8:26 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiro!!! i'm still surprised that there is this twist but i guess it made the live action interesting. i am so excited!!