Concerts / Events

Graduation dates for Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi and Akimoto Sayaka revealed

June 24, 2013 @ 11:22 am
On June 24, AKB48's official website announced the graduation dates for members Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi and Akimoto Sayaka.

The three will hold separate graduation performances at AKB48 Theater in Akihabara. Shinoda will part ways with the group on July 22, Itano on August 27, and Akimoto on August 28.

SEE ALSO: 53 girls recruited for 'Baito AKB' + to appear in CM

Prior to their graduation performance, the members are scheduled to hold graduation ceremonies. Shinoda will hold her ceremony on July 21 at Fukuoka Yafuoku! Dome, Itano on August 25 at Tokyo Dome, and Akimoto on August 22 at Tokyo Dome.

The last member to hold a graduation ceremony at Tokyo Dome and hold a graduation performance at AKB48 Theater was Maeda Atsuko, who graduated from the group last August.

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted August 11, 2013 @ 10:29 am

I just hope no more of the senior members leave.It would be tragic if the likes of Koji,Yuki,Mayu and Yuko left as well.Here is hoping it does not happen.

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:49 pm

It is so sad to see et more top stars of AKB48 go and all three of these have been fabulous and given such great entertainment to everyone all the time they have been there.Wish them all every good wish for success and happiness in all they do.

· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 2:51 am

Huh.. So no3b is the only first gen left eh? it'd be cool if they had one last single and graduated together.

· Posted July 4, 2013 @ 12:54 am

It tooks me by surprise that Mariko is graduating so soon, I mean, her announcement was almost a month ago and she's already leaving. Anyways, I wish the best to all of them, and I'm quite sure all of them will be successful, because I think their career is already settled down in the biz.

· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

I'm so glad they each are getting their own ceremonies. All three of them have been important pillars that held AKB. They will be sorely missed, but I know for a fact that Mariko will excel in fashion, Tomochin will stay strong with her magazine modeling and hopefully continue her solo career, and I know Sayaka will continue to succeed in theater and hopefully she will eventually decide to start a solo singing career as well.

· Posted June 25, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

wow, Mariko wasted no time huh... Graduating a month after her annoucement u can tell she was definitely ready to go

· Posted June 25, 2013 @ 1:25 am

1 more month until MariTroll graduate... T.T

The three of them will make it in the entertainment business, they have the star power

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 7:16 pm

I hope Sae is able to attend Sayaka's concert graduation and theater graduation.  I'd like to see a second generation reunion like they had at Tomomi Kasai's graduation.  I'll be sad that they are leaving the group but I wish them all the luck in their future.

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

AkiP if you don't stream Mariko's graduation on YT I will go to Japan and punch you in your fat face.....

jpopnekochan
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 9:26 pm
If Acchan's graduation wasn't streamed, I highly doubt Mariko's will be. :(
mochichan
· Posted June 25, 2013 @ 6:20 am
@jpopnekochan um....yeah Acchan's graduation was streamed...cuz I watched it crying at like 5 AM :|

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

Poor Jurina

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

i know hope shinoda and itano are set. i hope sayaka doesn't fade after akb.

lovelygirl17824
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 6:12 pm
Sayaka won't fade. She's worked with some well respected actors and actresses and has been praised by them as well. She also is a very versatile performer. The time she was not in senbatsu probably helped her post AKB career because she was promoting more of herself rather than AKB.

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

i just wonder how Yuko Oshima graduates in the future... she deserves Tokyo Dome as well :)

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 12:17 pm

now AKB is down to just 3 first gen members :(

watching the No Flowers w/o Rain documentary and seeing the six first-gen girls crying at the Tokyo Dome concert was touching and even more sad now knowing that Tomochin, Mariko and Aachan are/have graduated

I'm gonna miss them in AKB

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 11:56 am

missing them already...first gen :(

qwink
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 11:39 am
Sayaka is 2nd gen, but it doesn't matter. They all graduate too soon :(
imteedee
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 11:56 am
im gonna ready my tissue paper for Mariko's graduation.. never fails me to cry :( Mariko and Minami are such crybabies during such events :(

· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 11:30 am

Wishing all 3 girls again, the very best of luck with all their future plans and activities.