Concerts / Events

Idoling!!!'s Yokoyama Rurika holds a release event for her solo debut single

June 20, 2013 @ 4:49 am

On June 19th, Idoling!!! member Yokoyama Rurika held a release event for her solo debut single, "Walk My Way", at Ikebukuro Sun Shine City.

As the first member to make a solo debut, Yokoyama confessed, "I didn't think I could do it. I'm bad at singing, and I hated singing in front of people." She also revealed her current feelings, saying, "I think this is one of my destinies, so I'm thankful for it." She then promised the 1,500 fans, "The only one who can surpass myself is myself if I work hard. I can only do my best with all my might in order to get the fans to say 'Yokoyama Rurika is nothing like before.'

At the event, Yokoyama sang a total of 4 songs. After covering Kudo Shizuka's "Kousa ni Fukarete", she shyly said, "I sang my senpai's song," and gave a full smile, "It feels good to sing solo~."

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 7:20 am

"The only one who can surpass myself is myself if I work hard."

I like this.

lol, I like how she was promoting her single and still said that she's bad at singing.

Maybe she was trying to be humble about it.

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 9:04 pm

Maybe it's just me but saying "I'm bad at singing" doesn't seem the right thing to say when you're about to solo debut..

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

Wow! Bad at singing? I listened to the song and she isn't bad at all! I don't think she's the best in Idoling!!! but she's certainly not bad.

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 8:29 am

wish her luck with her solo! ganbare!

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 7:29 am

I wish the best for her career. Be more confident Rurika-chan. You're carrying Idoling's name!

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 7:06 am

Fans believe in you, so you should believe in yourself & us Rurika-chan! I know you're able to be a pro singer. Wish all the best for your career!

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 6:23 am

I wish her luck with her solo activities^^

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 5:11 am

She needs to be more confident in her abilities, hope she does well with her activities