Concerts / Events

Maeda Atsuko to release a new single + perform the song at AKB48's Sapporo Dome concert as a special guest

June 17, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

Maeda Atsuko who graduated from AKB48 back in August 2012, will be making an appearance at AKB48's live concert as a special guest. This announcement was made at the group's big handshake event held at Makuhari Messe on June 15.

According to AKS, Maeda is set to release her 3rd single this September, and AKB48's 5 major dome tour was listed as one of the opportunities to perform the new song. After an adjustment of her schedule, Maeda's appearance has been set at the Sapporo Dome concert on July 31.

Further details on her new song will be revealed later.

Additionally, there will also be an introduction of a new unit at the Sapporo Dome concert.

Source & Image: Cinematoday

Comments

· Posted June 22, 2013 @ 6:11 am

omg i was just reading the majide article about this.

to think it was just to fill up the sapporo dome lol

management should just leave maeda out of it and let her do her thing

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 1:25 am

If the new unit isn't AnRiRe, the new unit is probably still going to include Kawaei, and maybe Shimazaki, even, because if it's just her, Anna, and Rena, the unit probably won't sell that well, because none of them are popular enough yet. If Paruru is there, as much as it pains me to say, then people's interest will increase. Fingers crossed for Tano Yuuka, however unlikely. lol.

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

i think it`s because of the bond they had in AKB before. they all look close. more like sisters calling neechan and imouto and it`s not easy to stay out of it.

what kind of power does acchan have to get the spot light over the AKB girl group?

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

Happy for the new single but unhappy they still want AKB to help boost her selling power... They must be unconfident in her ability to still massive amounts of copies without the AKB tag near her name... If u graduate AKB u shouldnt preform with AKB unless its a reunion or special performance, not to promote new music

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 10:25 am

Yeah. Can't wait to hear her new single.

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 8:33 am

To be honest, i don't like the fact that she is still stuck to AKB,even though she's graduated. I just happen to think that,she isn't confident in selling her new single up to thousands or even millions of copies and topping  Oricon,so she is appearing on the concert... I don't like it...If she wants to stay legendary,then she has to NOT appear on AKB concerts to promote her singles...New members NEED spotlight,which their sempai(s) are blocking....If Maeda starts appearing on AKB concerts to sing her new single,I think that AKB will become lame. BUT don't think that i hate Acchan...just she wants too much

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

the fact that she graduated AKB means nothing. lol i love how she is still around AKB just now she's going in her own way instead of the managements

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

All of the old units are being ignored lol~

This is a new era of AKB so new units are kind of overdue.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:17 pm

Is this one of the last vestiges connecting her to AKB or something? I thought she wasnt going to sing anymore?

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:28 pm

I loved her previous single so I know Im going to like this one. Though I agree she should leave AKB in the past. But hey more promotion for her.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 9:22 am

YES! Finally a new single! I hope she starts releasing more often than just one single a year. Her music style is so good, it's perfect for me. I need an album!

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 3:05 am

can't wait to listen to her single. will she perform it at this event?

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:59 am

and if she just performs her own song, i don't get what the big deal is since other 48 groups perform at akb's concerts too

chengthao
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 11:53 am
b/c she graduated from the group the other 48 groups are part of the AKB-family, Maeda left that family

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:57 am

i think she'll just perform her solo song, otherwise there's really no point in that graduation system

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:47 am

really!?!??!?! woooooooow!!! *^*

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 1:15 am

Yeay Acchan new single!!! Her two previous ones are really good so I have high expectation for the new one too.. Not the best singer but I love her voice. Watch her mini live DVD, u will be surprised on how good her live singing ^.^.

It's a win-win solution for her management and AKB even though there will be backlash. To promote her new singles and to sell out the Dome tickets. Well that's how entertainment world works, we cannot blame her for participating on the concert.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:27 am

Ah well... this sounds awkward doesn't it? I mean she's left, gone, done and dusted no longer apart of AKB and yet she'll be there with the help of AKB promoting her new single while her record label can just sit there twiddling their thumbs. I think fans really need to let her go and her management should no better than this IMO.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:15 am

I don't think this was Acchan's decision. People need to cut her some slack.. I blame her management. Leave Acchan alone to be honest I don't really think that she'd see herself back at an AKB48 concert so soon.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:12 am

Buried at the end of this article is the mention of a new unit being created at this same concert.  I wonder what it could be?  I was hoping for a new SDN, but that would be a new group wouldn't it, not a unit.  Although maybe they'll bring back some of the old SDN girls, Nontii, Megumi, and such for a unit.  I'll keep my hopes up.

coconutmilktea
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 1:27 pm
Yeah it isn't an announcement of a new group. Many people think the unit is the official debut on AnNiRe.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:03 am

I love Acchan and would love to see her in an AKB's concert a few years from now but not right now! And to promote her single too? Doesn't that sound ridiculous? So what's the point in graduating then? It's like she's just there to use AKB to promote her single! It just doesn't feel right! If she just appears as a special guest and participate in a few songs with her fellow members then it's all fine! So will she just come back every time her single comes out like that?