NMB48's 7th single sells over 420,000 copies on the first day

June 19, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

Idol group NMB48's 7th single "Bokura no Yuriika" (released on June 19) sold 421,000 copies on the first day, easily topping Oricon's daily single ranking.

The members received the report while they were holding a live at Niigata Prefectural Civic Center, and they shared the joyous news with the fans.

When NMB48's theater manager Kaneko Takeshi appeared on stage, and announced that the group topped the daily chart, the whole venue reached a peak of excitement.

As the first day sales already exceeded their previous best weekly sales of 376,000 copies from their 4th single "Nagiichi", member Ichikawa Miori who holds a concurrent position in AKB48, and joined the group with this single, started shedding tears of joy. It also brought "Miorin" calls from the fans.

Team N captain Yamamoto Sayaka expressed her gratitude, "We who were created in Osaka where was called as 'barren land for idols', would have never been able to come this far without your support. Let me say this again. Thank you very much."

Source & Image(s): Oricon

Comments

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 11:35 pm

The sales increased so much! XD
Increased in sales is not surprising since this song is better than the last single in my opinion

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

congrats to the girls!! I'm starting to like nmb's songs more than ske's....

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 2:05 pm

liking the castaway concept for the pv and songs not bad either even though i prefer the more fast paced high octane NMB songs... And if a group does ever get stranded on an island u gotta believe NMB would have the best chances for survival, Sayanee is an animal and i can picture her hunting wild boars and fishing with spears :)

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 11:52 am

I'm SO proud of them! Usually what I look forward to on their singles are the Shirogumi songs, but this time the A-side overshadowed the Shirogumi song, even though it was a pretty nice song. I love the concept of the video. In fact, I think all 3 summer PVs released from 48 Group this year have been gold.

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 11:31 am

i really like this song

so happy for NMB

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 4:49 am

Whoa! Congratulations to NMB48...  :D

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 2:18 am

Congrats NMB, the sales are really surprising! The sales for both SKE and NMB are really blowing up right now, AKB is in trouble.

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 1:10 am

finally! saynee~

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 1:07 am

Aww congratulations to them! I really like their new single :)

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 10:02 pm

Congratulations to NMB, I really like this castaway type of concept, and the song is really nice, I just felt though that there was a bit of a lack of energy in their singing.

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

CONGRATS NMB!!!!IVERY PROUD OF YOU ALL!!!!!

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

What a great achievement!  . Well done NMB Girls!! You Rawkss. I'll be waiting for your another records!

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 8:00 pm

This is GREAT. I'm so proud of them, finally they reached 400k. No wonder, all couplings in this single are soooo good especially Bokura no Yuriika itself, Okuba, Yaban na Softcream, & Todokanasou de todoku mono. Apparently their sales will still improving.

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

Here's a comparison chart : http://s23.postimg.org/3tqgx9wmz/1014367_524180504302110_1374771586_n.png. Their sales are improving so high! Proud of you NMB Girls!

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

It doesn't surprise me that their sales are improving, each new single is better than the previous one. The title song from this is always stuck in my head and the B-sides are great too.

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

Congratulations!

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 5:11 pm

Congratulations NMB48.

Not that big of a fan of the song, but the PV looked interesting.

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

All because of Sayanee's butt

bbvoncrumb
· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 6:10 pm
And the sweet sweet teddies

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

Yoshimoto done alot to help out NMB's popularity like giving them eastern and western Japan concert tours, even bringing in popular comedians to their shows to help improve their variety power and there were a lot of promotional events done for this single.

Happy for NMB. Milky is growing on me and Sayanee is flawless

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

I love how in the MV all their clothes get all tattered but their hair stays perfect