Dramas

Ohno Satoshi to star in '24-Hour Television' drama special 'Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara'

June 18, 2013 @ 4:26 am

On June 17th, it was revealed that Arashi's Ohno Satoshi will be starring in 'Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara', which will air as a special drama for NTV's '24-Hour Television 36 Ai wa Chikyuu wo Sukuu' on August 24th.

Ohno will play Kota, a 29-year-old man who is suddenly diagnosed with a type of blood cancer called malignant lymphoma. While given 3 months to live, he makes a resolve to accept his fate and face death properly.

"I want to sincerely face this difficult theme of 'live properly, die properly.' I also want to thoroughly face Kota and properly portray his 'strong will'," Ohno expressed.

Ohno is the third member from Arashi to play a lead role in 24-Hour Television's special drama following Matsumoto Jun's 'Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru' (2008) and Ninomiya Kazunari's 'Kuruma Isu de Boku wa Sora wo Tobu' (2012).

The story is based on Miyuki Kazuya's original novel, 'Oozora e no Tabidachi: Gan to Tatakainagara mo Yumemiteita Mirai'. The script will be written by Hashibe Atsuko, who was in charge of the Fuji TV drama, 'Freeter, Ie wo Kau' (2010).

Source & Image: Oricon
Thanks to Haru for the tip!

Comments

· Posted June 21, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

yeay! been waiting for ohno's new act. plus its my favourite genre. oh-chan in a serious tearjerking SP,cant miss!!

· Posted June 20, 2013 @ 2:30 am

So looking forward to this! :)) just as I expected, It would be Ohno's turn for a tearjerking SP this year. Ganbatte Riida ♥

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 10:14 am

I love Ohno-kun!

· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 1:24 am

Yeay Ohno's new drama!!!

It's another sad human drama for the 24 hour tv. It's not that I hate it, but can they change the theme once or so like humor. I think japanese people will still watch it.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

sounds like a tear-jerker, not really fan of those:P

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

Wow, all of the dramas in this series have main characters that are ill/disabled.

In Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru, Jun played a man with CIDP, which caused him to not be able to use his limbs. I saw that a while ago and it was so painful to watch.

And in Kuruma Isu de Boku wa Sora wo Tobu, Kazu played a man who damaged his spinal cord and was confined to a wheelchair. I haven't seen that but it looks very good.

I really like the idea of getting Arashi members to play these roles..it not only allows them to act in mature roles - it also opens the public's eye to the pain that people who develop these conditions must go through. I'm looking forward to this new installment, especially because Satoshi will be in it ♥

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 1:58 pm

Really looking forward to this =) I'm interested how Riida will do in such an emotional and heavy role.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

I dont like ohnos acting but i will give it a chance

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

I love 24 hour tv movies!!! I am looking forward to this!!! Ohno is such an amazing actor too. I just know this is gonna make me cry! But that's okay.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

exited for this~!!!

gonna prepare tissues for this, i'm such a crybaby i cry at everthing

all in all, so excited for another arashi-filled 24 hr TV, 2 years in a row~~

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

waah! I'm excited for this!!

It's probably going to make me cry, but I'm looking forward to seeing Ohno on screen

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Yay~! I'll be looking forward to this!

I've bought and watched DVDs of Matsumoto Jun's 'Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru' and Ninomiya Kazunari's 'Kuruma Isu de Boku wa Sora wo Tobu', so I should keep an eye on this one too.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 9:29 am

awww i cant wait to watch this. seems sad

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 7:43 am

I really wanna watch it, the story seems really sad and I'm a total sucker for tears and drama. Hopefully someone will sub it for us international fans.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 6:25 am

It would be great! He wants to face all the difficulties. Tbh he's so profesional!

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:53 am

ganbare riidaa~~`

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:42 am

This is perfect! I really like his acting skills ( I've seen him in Maou and Kagi no Kakatta Heya) and the story seems interesting ( I have a liking for this type of stories). I'm looking forward to watching it!

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:33 am

I know this one is going to make me cry.