Shinoda Mariko talks about her future activities after graduation

June 11, 2013 @ 10:48 pm

On TBS's music program "Kayou-Kyoku!" which was live broadcasted on June 11th, AKB48 member Shinoda Mariko talked about her future activities after her graduation.

As we reported back on the 8th, Shinoda announced her graduation from the group next month while at the event for the vote count results for AKB48 32nd Single Senbatsu General Election, in which she was ranked 5th.

On the show, Shinoda explained that her activities after graduation will be mainly fashion related works, as she said, "Things I want to do started to change. I love fashion, and enjoy modeling."

When SMAP's Nakai Masahiro, who serves as the MC for the show, asked if she was willing to continue singing, Shinoda answered him with the comment, "I will not do any singing activity."

Shinoda will be graduating from AKB48 after the group's live concert at Fukuoka Yafuoku! Dome which is scheduled to be held on July 21st. However, since AKB48's 32nd single (title unknown) is set for release in August and Shinoda was ranked 5th place in the election, she is one of the Senbatsu members to sing the upcoming single.

Regarding the matter, she said that she would be participating in its music video, since the filming would be held this month, and would also be a part of other promotional activities until July 21st.

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:57 pm

I cried when she announced her graduation. I knew she was going to go into fashion. I knoe her brand will be popular.

· Posted June 17, 2013 @ 4:18 am

FINALLY! it's time for Mariko-sama to shine outside AKB48 while doing things she loved the most. I always thought that Mariko is a great fashion designer and model, not a singer. I look forward for her bright future!

· Posted June 16, 2013 @ 9:07 am

Why so many members graduate in the same year? I can't bear with this :( however, it's a chance for new member to shine

· Posted June 15, 2013 @ 11:46 am

Why everyone on the idol girl group always stop their music career...I don't understand T^T

Anyway, Mariko reserve this ,,, she is a fashion icon so it is great if she is a professional model.

Fighto!!

· Posted June 15, 2013 @ 6:25 am

this is so sad but at the same time good luck to mariko sama!!

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 11:25 pm

This, is really saddening to be honest. She is one of the original members and has always been featured in almost all of the AKB singles. It will be hard for fans to witness the 33rd single with her presence in it. Wish her the best of luck. xx

harunakojima
· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 10:27 pm
*without!

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

For me the faces of AKB were Yuko, Acchan & Mariko. With 2 of the 3 gone and Yuko not able to maintaining #1, I rapidly loosing my interest. However it's Mariko own decision, so all the best for her, hopefully she's going to pursue modeling and walk the runway with the TGC.

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

Too bad Mariko-sama is not going to keep singing. She has a great voice. But RICORI is certainly her priority.

kepler_X27
· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 12:50 pm
Speaking o which, I wonder if Ricori has a line for men...If it does, I will buy some!

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 11:17 am

Yay! I was really worried that she wouldn't be in the upcoming single. I'm really sad that she is leaving and won't be singing anymore; I just hope that she remains in the public eye and enjoys what she does after AKB48 (fashion and modeling - yes, please!). Wishing the best of luck. :)

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 6:12 am

so sad that she's leaving ç_ç

· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 12:04 am

good luck Mariko ><

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

I hope she continues pursuing design. I think she could definitely do well in it if she wants to~ Best of luck Maririn!! We're cheering for you!!

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

I hope she doesn't do a Lily Allen and completely disappear from public life... It's bad enough she won't sing any more...

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

good luck girl

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 7:24 pm

i wish mariko plays more jdrama

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 6:42 pm

Soon I'll lose any purpose to follow AKB. All my girls are graduating :c

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

singing has never been her best skill, but I'm sure she'll succeed in fashion area
hoping that she'll be a famous model someday and her brand ricori to be famous as well :)

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

Wish her lots of luck with all her future activities :)

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

I'm gonna miss her trolls...

AKB won't be the same without her....She was a unique member, for sure.

· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 2:42 pm

Wah, sad that Mariko is gonna be graduating! She'll do fine on her own, though. I'll always support her! Can't wait to see what she has planned in the future. I'm sure she'll do fine on her own and become successful!