Concerts / Events

Gravia

Weekly Young Jump & Natsuna to introduce gravure at the 14th Japan Expo

June 17, 2013 @ 9:14 pm
by HPriest

The Japan Expo will open its doors for the 14th time in France from July 4th until July 7th.

This year, the popular Japanese manga and gravure magazine 'Weekly Young Jump' will be there with a special booth and introduce the world of gravia and gravure idols to all the visitors. The photo exhibition is titled "JAPANESE GRAVURE IDOLS - Boy meets Girl" and features 170 pictures from the magazine's archive.

Among the 170 pictures are several covers, pages and making-of shots that feature various well-known actresses and gravure idols such as Aibu Saki, Toda Erika, Tanaka Rena, Suzuki Ami, Natsuna, Minami Akina, Sugimoto Yumi, Arimura Kasumi, Ichikawa Yui and many more.

Actress and gravure idol Natsuna will actually be at the expo in person to support the magazine, making this the 2nd time for her to attend the expo after the promotions of the 'GANTZ' live-action movies. She will also participate in a photography event and an autograph session.

Source: Mantan-Web, Japan Expo

Comments

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

Definitely not for me....

But I do appreciate the lack of touching-up on the front photo. It looks like the photo was not photoshopped, which may cause her to look like she has large thighs but I appreciate it a lot

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:34 pm

lol ok

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 7:26 am

I'm not really a fan of the whole concept of gravure idols, but maybe some people might actually start from there and then go on to looking more into Japanese culture.

crystal4life
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 7:39 am
I don't like the whole concept of gravure idols either, but I agree, I think to some, being gravure idols is just somewhere they start their career with & it's not the type of profession that they want to do as a long-term career. Which is probably why more & more gravure idols are turning to other fields of work also such as acting or music...they probably want to leave gravure altogether later on so that they can gradually transfer to the other fields, like some gravure idols have already done.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 5:59 am

wow I had no idea that Natsuna is a gravure idol! I like her in the new dorama 'Doubles' which she co-starred with Ito Hideaki & Sakaguchi Kenji...but I haven't seen her in anything else before that. I think she did a pretty good acting job in Doubles, particularly for a gravure idol...I have seen quite a few gravure idols in doramas & I have to say, most of the ones I've seen suck at acting, some are even worse than the mainstream idols & idol actors. But I think Natsuna on the other hand is quite a decent actress, for an idol...no doubt she still has a LONG way to go, but I think she's got some potential to improve as an actress.

· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:42 am

wow! Go to France **

· Posted June 17, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

wow~
japan's gravia go to french :)