Concerts / Events

GACKT celebrates his 40th birthday at a live concert

July 5, 2013 @ 5:26 pm
On July 4, GACKT held a live concert at Yokohama Arena which was a part of his solo concert tour "BEST OF THE BEST Vol.1." The day also happened to be his 40th birthday.

SEE ALSO: GACKT says he couldn't drink coffee until 5 years ago

The tour kicked off back on May 11 (17 venues, 22 stages in total), and the set list is mainly from his best-of albums "BEST OF THE BEST vol.1 -MILD-" and "BEST OF THE BEST vol.1 -WILD-" which were released simultaneously on July 3.

For the concert on the 4th, Golden Bomber's Kiryuin Sho who has declared to be a fan of GACKT, made an appearance as a surprise guest with a bunch of flowers.

During the talk segment, GACKT said to the audience, "Today on July 4th, Camui Gackt became 40 years old!!" Then the sound of a bell rang, and huge birthday cake was brought up. While the audience of 10,000 singing "Happy Birthday To You", GACKT blew the candles out, and tears welled in GACKT's eyes.

There was also a segment where Yamada Hisashi threw 40 questions at GACKT, and a video message from HYDE was shown.

Additionally, GACKT will be holding the final stage for his tour at Yokohama Arena on the 7th. He made a comment, "You will definitely regret if you miss it. I will make sure to give you a great time you have never felt."

Below are the photos from his live concert.

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

Source & Image(s): natalie

Comments

· Posted July 7, 2013 @ 7:08 am

how could i miss his birthday?

happy birthday GACKT ♥

· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 5:53 am

lol Guys nice article & all but his birthday was on "July 4th" not "June". XDD

rainmocoharuma
· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 7:52 am
so desu ne! so excited , didn`t notice the date at all lol!

· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 2:58 am

Happy Birthday Gackt! Being the one who actually introduced me to J-rock, you have a special place in my heart and your music is undoubtedly something that will always enchant my ears and my soul.

I'm really happy that Hyde gave him a message. You have to love these two ^^

· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

Belated Happy birthday GACKT.

"a video message from HYDE was shown"

ASDFGHJKL!!!!

· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 7:32 pm

Happy birthday!!! EEveif you are 40, you look like you are 20. Still sexy

· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

Happy Birthday Gackt!! I've been your fan since you were 34 and now you're twice my age T-T (i was hoping I'd catch up with you hehe) Your music has always been there with me and I hope it will continue to be! Love your no.1 fan in Australia~:3 (also HYDE gave him a message sjfdgjr OTP)

· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

Time is really going fast, but he still looks good.

· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

40 or 400, that man will always be gorgeous. Happy Birthday, Gakkun!