Movies

Inoue Mao & Ayano Go to co-star in Minato Kanae's "Shirayuki Hime Satsujin Jiken"

July 15, 2013 @ 7:31 pm
by HPriest
Actress Inoue Mao and actor Ayano Go have been announced to co-star in "Shirayuki Hime Satsujin Jiken", which is the latest film adaptation of a novel by writer Minato Kanae.

Many of Minato's works have already been adapted for the small and big screen, such as the highly successful "Kokuhaku" ("Confessions") in 2010. "Shirayuki Hime Satsujin Jiken" (lit. "Murder of Snow White") was published in 2012 and will be turned into film by director Nakamura Yoshihiro ("Golden Slumber"). It depicts the story of a plain woman named "Jouno Miki" (Inoue) who is being suspected of having slaughtered her beautiful colleague who entered the company at the same time as her.

TV director "Akahoshi Yuji" (Ayano) wants to uncover the truth behind the suspect and interviews her colleagues, classmates, the people from her home town, her family, and everyone with a relation to Jouno Miki. Each of them have something new and astonishing to say about her. The gossip about her begins to rapidly increase thanks to the sensational mass media, heated discussion on social platforms and word of mouth. Who is this Jouno Miki? Is she the atrocious witch everyone assumes her to be? Soon the gossip turns into fear..

It's the first time for Inoue and Ayano to work together and the first time for both of them to work together with film director Nakamura. Inoue revealed that she is very happy and grateful about this chance, because she has always wanted to work together with them. She said, "When I was told that only Inoue-san can play such a plain and boring woman, I didn't really know how to feel, but somehow it made me feel strangely grateful and boosted my confidence. I'm looking forward to experience the terror she goes through for the first time myself as well and enjoy myself to the fullest while portraying this plain woman."

Ayano commented, "Director Nakamura is known for raising the bar when it comes to exciting films. Just how far can you go to depict Minato's world view? You simply cannot resist the anxiety and the thrill (of her works). I'm very thankful for getting to work together with Nakamura's staff and such a great cast."

Minato herself expressed, "Gossip creates more gossip and everything ends with an unthinkable conlusion. It's scary but interesting. I hope you'll enjoy such a story. After this, you might think twice before making your next Tweet."

Director Nakamura stated, "People tend to have a side to them that is full of evil intentions. I'll make sure to depict this side as frightful as possible. In any case, I'm really grateful to Inoue and Ayano for accepting the offers to play a dull woman and a shallow man respectively. Most people turn down the offers for such roles."

"Shirayuki Hime Satsujin Jiken" is slated for a release in spring 2014.

Source: Mantan-Web, Cinema Today

Comments

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

I'm sooooo excited

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

I'm pretty excited to see Mao-chan in this sort of role. I'm super happy that Ayano Go is with her as well, after seeing him in Soratobu Kouhoushitsu, he's a new favorite of mine. <3 Plus, if it's by the same author of Kokuhaku, I assume, there might be some psychological aspects?

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

oh cool

cant wait to watch this

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

from the plot, it sounds interesting so I'm definitely looking forward to this! I love watching mysteries!

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:32 am

I haven't seen a Mao Inoue starred movie in a while.... looking forward to this.

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 7:49 am

Great news! I like the plot and the cast as well. It's been quite a long time since I've seen Inoue Mao in a movie, but well I guess that just makes me want to watch this movie even more. I am looking forward to it!

· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 5:50 am

Ive seen most of her dramas. The last of her movies I saw was My Darling Is A Foreigner. Tokkan was not all that great and to be honest, she has declined since HYD. First Kiss was good. So was Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu, and Juui Doolittle was ok, but Tokkan was....meh.

She got famous off of Hana Yori Dango, but in my opinion she lost prominence rather quickly. I understand that the older actors are moved aside as new ones catch the public interest, and it has been 8 years since HYD, but she should have been able to "stay in the headlines" so to speak. It's only been 5 years since the HYD movie, but instead of staying in the limelight, she's faded away.

chudon
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:54 am
She definitely hasn't received the same kind of popularity like other actresses in her generation (Masami, Toda, Aragaki), but I wouldn't say she is irrelevant. She won an Japan Academy Award for her role in Youkame no Semi and an award for her morning drama. She also has two movies coming out this fall/winter and a stage play. I don't see how she has "faded away". Maybe not as popular as before, but is still around and kicking.

· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 11:07 pm

Really like Mao but i tend to like her more in comedies.. Her badass/rebel schoolgirl characters are my favorite

whippersnapper
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 5:35 am
Yes Hana Yori Dango was her best. I don't think she has done as well since then, and her fame has dropped. I still like her though
crystal4life
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 1:11 pm
@whippersnapper have you watched Mao in 'Ohisama'? If not, then I really recommend you do so. Sure, Mao-chan was cute in HYD and she did a good job with that role, but IMO some of the roles she played later on were better & proved how much she has matured as an actress since HYD. And I definitely love her more in Ohisama than HYD. Although it's true that her popularity has faded a bit in the last couple of years...

· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 7:41 pm

This sounds promising! Mao was really good in Youkame no Semi and hopefully this role will also be just as great.