Concerts / Events

16 AKB48 Kenkyuusei promoted to new Team 4 + Minegishi Minami becomes team captain

August 24, 2013 @ 8:41 pm

It's been announced that 16 AKB48 Kenkyuusei have been promoted to become official members of the group and will be forming a new Team 4.

This announcement was made on August 24th during 'AKB48 2013 Manatsu no Dome Tour ~Mada Mada, Yaranakyaikenai Koto ga Aru~' at Tokyo Dome. The old Team 4 dissolved after their performance back in October of 2012. With this announcement, AKB48 is back to 4 teams.

SEE ALSO: Schedule for AKB48 groups' new stage performances revealed

It was also announced that Minegishi Minami will be the team captain of Team 4. After hearing these announcements, Iwatate Saho expressed, "I didn't think that we would all get promoted at once. I have work even harder than before." Nishino Miki added, "I didn't think I would get promoted. The Kenkyuusei all worked hard together, so we all wished to get promoted together. I am very happy that our dream came true."

Furthermore, it was revealed that AKB48 assistant theater manager Yuasa Hiroshi has once again become AKB48 theater manager.

New Team 4 Members:

Aigasa Moe / Iwatate Saho / Uchiyama Natsuki / Umeta Ayano / Okada Ayaka / Okada Nana / Kitazawa Saki / Kojima Mako / Shinozaki Ayana / Takashima Yurina / Nishino Miki / Hashimoto Hikari / Maeda Mitsuki / Mirayama Yuiri / Mogi Shinobu / Minegishi Minami (team captain

Source: natalie

Comments

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 11:36 pm

Good news for Miichan, but I feel bad for the old Team 4. What was the point of dissolving the team in the first place if they were just going to make a new one?

valkerionseven
· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 10:21 am
Yeah, I mean they are setting up about 4 of the old Team 4 girls to be the main line up of public members now but seems kinda silly to backtrack in name only. But grats to Miichan, great promotion and deserved. Im sure she will be a great capt.

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 11:36 pm

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

upto I saw the receipt for $7158, I accept that...my... mother in law woz like they say realie bringing in money part time on their laptop.. there neighbour has done this less than twenty three months and by now repayed the dept on their cottage and bought a brand new Lotus Elan. I went here, Go to site and open Home for details

>>>>>> http://WWW.JOBS87.COM

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

Yes they needed to replenish their numbers and move forward with some top girls graduating recently. I did not think they would make another team though.  I figured they would just announce replacements (if they haven't already).

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

so all that Minegishi drama was a complete bullsh*t?

chengthao
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 3:53 pm
she shaved her hair . . . so I'd say . . . no . . . it was never their intention to never re-promote her, if that was really their intention then they would've simply made her graduate instead of making her a Kenkyuusei

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 11:19 am

I personally don't know what to feel about Team 4's revival (I wasn't really a big fan of the concept), but at the same time, I'm looking forward to seeing how this Team 4 will do.

And I'm just happy Miichan got promoted. :)

· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 6:19 am

So when's Team 8 gonna be announced?

· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:59 pm

MIICHAN!!!

finally got promoted back into AKB . . . and as a team captain

· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

Holy crap... Good news! :DDD

· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:25 pm

yay miichan lets hope she makes the next senbatsu :D

· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:21 pm

If no miichan, there's no such privilege.