Concerts / Events

AKB48 holds Itano Tomomi's graduation ceremony

August 26, 2013 @ 11:56 am

On August 25, AKB48 member Itano Tomomi held her graduation ceremony during 'AKB48 2013 Manatsu no Dome Tour ~Mada Mada, Yaranakyaikenai Koto ga Aru~' at the Tokyo Dome.

This day was AKB48's last Tokyo Dome concert of the tour. The concert opened with Itano's solo debut song "Dear J". There was also a performance of "Flying Get" with Itano as center as well as her other songs such as "Faint" and "1%". During the second half of the concert, she performed "Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?" with fellow 1st generation members Takahashi Minami, Minegishi Minami, and Kojima Haruna

Itano reflected on the past 8 years saying, "When I was around 14 years old, I used to cry a lot. But AKB48 has taught me that no matter how small I am and no matter how dark it is ahead, if you do your best step by step, you will get closer to your dreams. I was always able to see the same scene because the friends I love were always beside me, crying and laughing together.

SEE ALSO: Itano Tomomi and Akimoto Sayaka's graduation concerts to stream live via Nico Nico Namahousou

After the concert ended, Itano received a "Tomochin" call from the crowd and appeared on stage wearing a pink dress. She greeted, "I'm sad that I will be alone, that I will part with the members. But my dream continues from here on. I want to take a step forward while holding on to the things AKB48 has taught me. To everyone who have supported me during the 8 years, thank you very much." Finally, she sang her graduation song "Saigo no Door" with the senbatsu members.

During the second encore, Itano appeared in a metallic dress and performed "Dear J" with 40 dancers. Then, graduated members Maeda Atsuko and Shinoda Mariko made a surprise appearance on stage. Shinoda said, "I lied that I wasn't coming today," and Maeda added, "I made it on time so I came." In tears, Itano expressed, "I'm a 1st generation member, so I have memories with members of the same generation. I wanted to graduate when Atsuko and Mariko were still here. I am very happy that they came and that I am able to graduate in front of them.

Itano was born on July 3, 1991 in Kanagawa. She became AKB48's first generation member in 2005 and belongs to Team K. In 2011, she became the first member to solo debut with "Dear J". Her graduation was announced in the documentary movie 'DOCUMENTARY OF AKB48 NO FLOWER WITHOUT RAIN Shoujo Tachi wa Namida no Ato ni Nani wo Miru?' back in February. She will officially graduate from the group after their concert on the 27th at AKB48 Theater in Akihabara.

Source: Mantan Web 1, 2
Images: natalie

Comments

· Posted September 29, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

Although she never was one of my oshimen, and at first I didn't like her so much, used to believe she was a little diva, through the years I was able to recognize how important she was for AKB and inevitably she became, along with Maeda for instance, in one of those people that AKB fans will always remember.

Is sad how slowly all the girls are leaving the group :(

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 11:53 pm

AKB now is slowly becoming less like the AKB I once knew...and that's okay.  I mean, I understand why these graduations happen, despite the sad and bittersweet events that they actually are.  Inevitably, it won't be long before the original members from all 3 teams graduate... :(

Congrats and good luck Tomochin!

la_mariposa21
· Posted August 27, 2013 @ 4:38 pm
Idk why I have this feeling that Oshima Yuko might be next. That girl is my oshi<3 and I really would cry even more if that were to happen. I do get that feeling though :/.
mochichan
· Posted August 27, 2013 @ 10:14 pm
@la-mariposa21 It's not a feeling. Yuko said herself in an interview she wanted to graduate since 2012 around the same time Acchan was going to graduate. She only held back because AkiP asked her too since it would be too much to lose both top member around the same time. She even told Mayuyu to use her as stepping stone in the election...tho Sashi happened but then it doesn't matter who win. Yuko is already ready to leave for a long time. I give her one year. Kojiharu around the same time since she's recently talked in an interview she's thinking about it. Takamina can't be that far off either.
la_mariposa21
· Posted August 28, 2013 @ 6:00 pm
@mochichan OMG you are so right!!! I forgot about that interview. *Sigh* this makes me so sad T^T.

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 11:37 pm

Wait. I thought this was going to be in a little over 4 hours from the time of this post?

Or so it said on another TH article. 5pm on the 27th. Unless I'm mistaken, its the 27th 1230pm JST now.

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

Dang.. Just when I was starting to warm up to her! Tomo best wishes and good luck! Good to see all of gen 1 there!

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

I love this girl... she's my favorite in the group.

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 8:24 pm

The Tomo spelled out in light was amazing T^T

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

Although I am very saddened by this news we all need to continue to support Tomochin<3. Don't worry everyone!!! I know she will be successful. She is such an amazing individual and I know she will get far no matter what she decides to do. This is not goodbye but until next time :D!!!! TOMOCHIN FOREVER<3333333333

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

I still can't believe she has graduated from AKB48
From when I discovered AKB48 Tomochin was always my oishii and to see her go makes me sad
But I am happy for her future <3

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

Tomochin T.T

there goes my oshi

I'm glad she got to graduate on such a huge stage

wish her nothing but the best