Kago Ai is getting ready to return to the entertainment industry

August 23, 2013 @ 4:16 am

On August 23, former Morning Musume member Kago Ai revealed through her official website that she has started voice training and is getting ready to return to the entertainment industry.

Kago wrote, "My natural voice is a little husky. The voice wears with age." She continued, "I had voice training yesterday♪ in a way I've never done before... I wanted to change the quality of my vocals.

SEE ALSO: Kago Ai resumes her blog

Kago recently announced that she would be resuming her activities through her new agency 'Ifuu Hyou Hyou'. According to the agency, she has also started dance lessons in preparation of her return.

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted August 27, 2013 @ 11:43 am

I am interested to see what direction she goes musically... hopefully not another jazz album...

· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

"The voice wears with age"

That is complete nonsense. If you're trained properly it will actually do the opposite. There's a reason musical or opera singers spend years simply honing their skills. Two different singing styles, of course, but the professionals work in very similar ways. Perfect example: Uwe Kröger, German musical super star. His voice has fantastically matured and sounds a lot better today than 10 or so years ago. It certainly didn't wear, but actually improved.

Too much voice coaching these days, too little actual singing training.

edohiguma
· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 3:01 pm
PS: she's only 25, if her voice is already wearing, then she's doing it totally wrong, which wouldn't surprise me. A lot of idols have terrible singing styles. Sure, they're all voice coached, but they all fail at the most basic things, like proper breathing.

· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

Good for her... She needs some positives in her life cause shes had it rough for a long time... From wut i heard awhile ago in her English jazz album her voice is still amazing so im expecting good things from her

· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

I am wishing her good luck and I HOPE she meets with Nono!!! (Tsuji Nozomi)

· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 4:22 am

I am going to wish her the very best of luck and I hope that motherhood has really made her re-think her own life and that she comes back with a good head on her shoulders.