Music Releases

SCANDAL announces new single + album

August 21, 2013 @ 2:16 am

SCANDAL has announced that their new single, "OVER DRIVE", will be released on September 18th.

The group's 17th single will be produced by Nakata Yasutaka (CAPSULE). This is Nakata's first time to produce band sounds, and it's described as a pop song that represents the girls.

The coupling track will be a dance number called "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE", which features all members as the main vocals. This song is produced by Kosaka Daimaou, who commented, "Rave and dubstep and RAP and SCANDAL! A song that is filled with the things I like... is made! It's cool, new, and fun!"

SEE ALSO: SCANDAL to sing the theme song for Tsutsumi Shinichi's new movie

"OVER DRIVE" will be released in both limited and regular editions. The limited edition DVD will contain the PV for "Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki". Furthermore, the jacket covers for the single were illustrated by Lily Franky

In addition, SCANDAL has announced that they will release their 5th full album, "STANDARD", on October 2nd. It will be available in 3 different types: Complete Production Edition, Limited Edition, and Regular Edition. The Complete Production Edition will come with a t-shirt, while the Limited Edition will come with a DVD including the PVs for "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne", "Kagen no Tsuki", and "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE".

[OVER DRIVE Limited Edition]

08. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
09. Kagen no Tsuki
10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai
11. Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki
12. Namida yo Hikare
13. STANDARD

DVD: (Limited Edition Only)
"Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" MUSIC VIDEO
"Kagen no Tsuki" MUSIC VIDEO
"SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" MUSIC VIDEO

Source & Image(s): natalie

Comments

· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 12:10 pm

I can't wait!!!!!~  OMG OMG OMG!~

· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 6:25 am

My sentiments are largely the same as Misono66. It was their powerful girl rock sound that really got me into them, and I actually did like queens are trumps quite a bit. But deviations into awkward poppy genres with songs like Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki are kinda troubling for me. Kagen no Tsuki had a good intro and instrumental but as the song went on, it felt kinda "meh" compared to their earlier singles. I'm also quite doubtful of the quality of song they're gonna produce with elements of dubstep and rap, because I listen to them not for these genres as much as I support the girls. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful of at least a few good tracks from the 5th album - the preview of "weather report" I heard sounded really promising.

Misono66
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 1:58 am
Cherry Jam the Mami/Tomo duet was quite cute actually in a funny sort of way but yeah.

· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 3:43 am

I really miss their baby Action Image, they just don't do girl rock like they used to (..)

that said they still look cool of course and the album should be interesting, I just hope it's more Baby action less Queens are Trumps!

Misono66
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 3:45 am
I forgot to add I still like them of course I just don't love them the way I used too.

· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 3:20 am

Scandal looks so cool in those pictures.  I want to hear their new single.