AKB48's latest single 'Heart Ereki' sells over a million copies in one day

October 30, 2013 @ 3:56 pm
Popular idol group AKB48' 33rd single "Heart Ereki" (released on October 30) sold 1,021,000 copies on the first day of sales.

SEE ALSO: AKB48 reveal jacket covers + track list for 'Heart Ereki'

This marks the group's 14th consecutive million-selling single (15th in total) since "Sakura no Ki ni Narou" (released in February 2011).

With this single, AKB48 has set a new record for the number of consecutive million-selling single, breaking B'z' record (13 consecutive singles) after 17 years and 5 months. Also, having 15 million-selling singles in total ties B'z' record.

Kojima Haruna who served as the center for this single, made a comment, "When I received a mail from Akimoto-sensei that said 'Kojima would be the center.', I thought it was a mistake. I even thought it was a spam mail or something like that, but I am truly happy that I was able to take the center position for this honorable single. We will work hard to be able to meet everyone's expectations, so please continue to support us."

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 8:38 am

Great, I am so glad now AKB48 has many different center.

Not just Acchan like their past singles.

· Posted November 2, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

I sincerely glad they keep selling so well, and as Haruna is one of my oshimen, is even more special to me they have reached this number :). However, and though se song is quite catchy, I kinda miss the 'darkness' or 'coolness' the previous songs had.

· Posted November 1, 2013 @ 10:36 pm

Congratulations!

· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 11:38 pm

First of all i want to say CONGRATULATIONS to AKB for such a GREAT ACHIEVEMENT!!

Just a suggestion..Don't said ANYTHING if you DON'T KNOW about ANYTHING PRESICELY!!Coz everybody will know WHAT'S INDISIDE in your head!!!LOL

· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

it would be nice to see sales if there is only a LE and Re and not 9 different Versions of a Single XD i wonder if it will still reach millionsales .. and I'm kinda sure B'z never released this many Versions of a Single that counted into sales XD so only AKB Fans are proud of these sales ... for all others it's just none interesting since there is no Basis to take these serious .. at least for me it isn't ... as said bring up one single without x-versions or that doesn't have to do with an election or ticket for a handshake event or or or and still sell the same amount than i can take it for real ..

mochichan
· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 10:32 pm
B'z sold so well in era where CDs were actually selling and multiple ver wasn't common. Times changed and CD sales dropped because people no longer want to spend money on expensive CDs with cheap packaging so companies have to be smarter. It is what it is and AKB's management is just alot smarter and know what work. Them selling well doesn't prevent other artists from doing it, their fans just don't want to buy CDs as much. Personally I stopped giving a damn about these millions but their management just know to sell and play the game.
mjbeatlestvxq
· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 10:59 pm
dude, B'z is like the japanese Beatles.... i'm pretty sure they r ranked among the top sellers, selling over 60 million copies....

· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 5:44 am

I'm glad they choose Haruna to be the center for this single without the need for election or janken tournament. She is so pretty! I wonder who else could be center for next single that's not janken/election related? I want to see Miichan as centre!!

· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 2:31 am

idk how this group sells million copies for every single that comes out, lol.... mabye akimoto was right about relationship between fans and singers. the longer fans get to see the group develop as the time goes by stronger the bond will be, creating a stable fanbase....

· Posted October 30, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

Omedetou AKB48 as always!!!

· Posted October 30, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

So much for the rumors from this time last year that the group is in terminal decline :D

bluebird
· Posted October 31, 2013 @ 5:45 am
True. They're actually getting stronger and better now! Ppl thought that it would fail once Acchan leaves.

· Posted October 30, 2013 @ 6:08 pm

I didn't expect anything less from AKB

· Posted October 30, 2013 @ 4:39 pm