Johnny & Associates cancels exclusive contract with Tanaka Koki, KAT-TUN becomes a 4-member group

October 9, 2013 @ 10:43 am
On October 9th, Johnny & Associates, Inc. announced the cancellation of their exclusive contract with KAT-TUN's Tanaka Koki as of September 30. Therefore, KAT-TUN is now a 4-member group.

SEE ALSO: KAT-TUN announce new album & arena tour

Below is the translation for the announcement posted on Johnny's net website.

"We have decided to cancel our exclusive contract with KAT-TUN's Tanaka Koki as of September 30th, due to his repeated violation of the company rules. KAT-TUN will continue their activities with 4 members after Tanaka's withdrawal, so we would like to ask the fans for your support as you have done until now. - 2013.10.9 Johnny & Associates, Inc."
"It is what the company's announcement says. I told the members my gratitude for being in the group with me though I have caused so many troubles until now, and my feeling of apology that I am sorry. I am planning to continue my activities, so I will make further announcement when the details are set. - 2013.10.9 Tanaka Koki"

"To our fans and people concerned, we are terribly sorry for causing trouble this time. In order for us to raise the group's consciousness, we have had many talks, but we are very disappointed that it ended up like this for our member who we have been together for over 10 years. From now on, KAT-TUN's activities will continue with 4 members, so please continue to support us. - 2013.10.9 KAT-TUN"

Source: Johnny's net website

Comments

· Posted November 29, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Just disband KAT-TUN omg! What is wrong with Johnnys Entertainment?? Sheesh..I'm just so glad I'm not a fanatic fan as I was in Jpop few years ago otherwise I'd be damn sad and crying. I'm into Kpop now but I still do check out my old fav jpop groups from time to time and this news just pops right in and I'm like WHUUT? Gosh Koki was my favourite member along with Kame and Jin! I used to have like a MAJOR crush on Koki before too and was so happy to see him in KAT-TUN music videos! Now its like all messed up..Good thing I'm into Kpop now but I'm still sad to see my old favourite Jpop groups in this situation =(

· Posted November 11, 2013 @ 11:01 pm

My favorite member T__T

· Posted October 26, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

Oh jeez. I heard he was released from his contract but never read this before. It sucks cause he's my absolute favorite member along with Kame. My gosh, what is happening to KAT-TUN.

· Posted October 21, 2013 @ 10:23 pm

Oh dear !  No AkaKame  or KoKame anymore?  Now  NaKa-Kame ,Ue-Kame or Juno-Kame ?     Anyway best of luck  KATUN,  Jin   and Koki  !

· Posted October 15, 2013 @ 3:01 am

Huwat?!! So now will they change to KATUN...? It's weird how they can still spell the group's name despite losing members...

· Posted October 13, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

· Posted October 13, 2013 @ 7:00 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Koki I really don't want him to leave Kat-Tun, Koki why did you break the rulesssannoyance why???? I'll miss youcry<33333!

· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 5:26 am

Since I started fre+lancing I've been bringing in $90 bucks/h… I sit at home and i am doing my work from my laptop. The best thing is that i get more time to spent with my family and with my kids and in the same time i can earn enough to support them... You can do it too. Start here>>>>>

­­ http://allkpop.com.qr.net/ld34

· Posted October 11, 2013 @ 11:01 pm

oh well, they practically felt inactive anyway.

What violations? Don't just kick someone out without letting me know the reason!

Derik_Smith
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 2:56 am
He was sending pics of his private life to a fan including some dick pics and other stuff and then he stopped sending her so she got mad and gave the pics to the media. That's what I read.
shiori_hyphen
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 4:05 am
Base on JE's statements the reason for the termination of contract is the repetitive violation of rules. And that is regarding Koki doing side jobs outside JE without the agency's permission Kame also said that they've been warned about this few times ..
crystal4life
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 10:50 am
@sspecial Well the members had been very active individually, just not so much as a group lately...although they did release a few singles this year.
crystal4life
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 10:54 am
@Derik-Smith that's not the only reason, apparently Koki had violated company rules several times before, including working as a DJ at a club as a side job, even though JE does not permit its artists to have side jobs. Btw, that so called "fan" is not your typical fan, I read she knew Koki personally & was even linked to him at 1 point.

· Posted October 11, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

That sucks, Koki's rapping was one of the main features that made KAT-TUN's sound different from the other groups and Maru's beat-boxing was better as a compliment to the rapping than on it's own. Still, if the guy is stupid enough to push his luck so many times then he can't complain now that he's got the sack.

As a 'hyphen' from the UK, I'm worried about KAT-TUN's future - first they lose Jin and now Koki. It feels like the old KAT-TUN is having pieces chipped away until there's nothing left. I miss the way Kame and Jin's voices sounded together, it was heavenly and now I'm going to miss Koki's rapping.

They'd better hope they don't lose Kame because if that happens then they're finished.

· Posted October 11, 2013 @ 3:19 am

Koki isn't my favorite member in KAT-TUN, but I am sad that he will be gone because I actually like his rap in their songs. I hate it when my favorite group have member leaving whether they my bias or not because it just doesn't feel the same when there missing members.

· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 11:27 pm

I'm so sad & shocked to read about this, Koki was my favourite member in KAT-TUN! However to be honest, I did come to understand that Koki had a wild private lifestyle, so I guess I sort of knew that he would get into some kind of serious trouble sooner or later, but I never imagined it would be THIS serious! Losing Koki is worlds worse than losing Jin!With Jin gone, the other members were easily able to replace him in their old group songs, but Koki is a different story, with him gone, who is going to do the raps now? Who will replace him? I know Taguchi has been learning to rap lately, but he is no where near Koki's level in terms of rapping. Both Koki and Nakamaru are the 2 members in the group who makes KAT-TUN's songs different & unique to all other JE groups. Now with Koki gone, their songs will never be the same, the group will never be then same!

· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

Oh god no :'( it was bad enough losing Jin and now we lose Koki too  I don't know what to do with myself.....

· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 9:03 am

KOKI  WHY JOHNNY ?????

shayyyyyy
· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 3:43 am

This still hurts. damn two gone. Stay strong KAT-TUN! and Koki stay strong too! What will he do now I wonder!

· Posted October 9, 2013 @ 11:18 pm

O.O No... dame

· Posted October 9, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

Wow I never thought the recent scandals were going to end up like that, how sad :(

· Posted October 9, 2013 @ 8:23 pm

I was about to say wtf and what did he do but after reading what he did and looking at all these pics of him with his ass out and other things i see. It seems like they are not following the rules which are strict from what people are saying. But wow he's crazy and i thought Jin was a crazy.....................................................But now Koki lol wow why would anyone send pics of their penis to their fans? Wait i forgot dumb people hmmm i wonder how many man whores are in JE i know about Jin and Yampi but dang his rules must be real strict i guess they be bored and that's why they act crazy like this lol.

aden01
· Posted October 9, 2013 @ 11:59 pm
huh ?? he sent his penis's pict to his fans? really?? is he on drugs?? woah... Side note to my self : JYJ n TVXQ should be like him. LOL
shayyyyyy
· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 1:58 pm
@aden01 http://majide2ch.blogspot.ca/2013/10/alleged-pictures-of-kat-tuns-koki.html
crystal4life
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 10:57 am
@kiyanafosho: that "fan" is not your typical fan though, she knew Koki personally and had even been linked to him before...there's some speculation that she had "dated" Koki briefly in the past.
crystal4life
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 10:59 am
@aden01 Well those photos were sent to a "fan" who was not your typical fan, she was someone Koki knew personally & even speculated to have "dated" briefly in the past. So it's not like he was sending photos of his private parts to some random fan.

· Posted October 9, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

So... ow KAT-UN or KA-TUN???

Just Why KAT-TUN? WHY?!

T__T

· Posted October 9, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

Feels like JE's undergoing a change.