AKB48 score their 16th million-selling single

December 16, 2013 @ 11:28 pm
AKB48's 34th single "Suzukake no Ki no Michi de 'Kimi no Hohoemi wo Yume ni Miru' to Itteshimattara Bokutachi no Kankei wa Dou Kawatteshimaunoka, Bokunari ni Nannichi ka Kangaeta Ue deno Yaya Kihazukashii Ketsuron no youna Mono" (released on December 11) sold 1,033,000 copies during the first week, and topped Oricon's latest weekly ranking.

With this single, the group has scored their 15th consecutive (and 16th in total) million-selling single.

SEE ALSO: AKB48 reveal the cover jackets for their 34th single

AKB48 previously set a new record for the number of consecutive million-selling singles with their 33rd single "Heart Ereki", and now they have broken another record for the total number of million-selling singles which B'z kept for 13 years and 9 months.

When including the sales for this single, the total number copies sold for singles since their debut has reached 25,835,000 copies, which is the third highest record.

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 9:28 am

I hope one day akb48 will come to malaysia. i love them !!! congrate!

· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 6:12 am

I'am NOT a japanese and i LOVE AKB lol!!!!!

· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 12:49 am

I don't know anyone from Japan who actually likes them.

chengthao
· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 6:20 pm
then you must not know very many ppl in Japan
katahtattat
· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 11:41 pm
@chengthao yeah only ten definitely not a lot,
mochichan
· Posted December 18, 2013 @ 12:37 am
I know at least these people like them. http://i.imgur.com/iXEf6yY.jpg
katahtattat
· Posted December 18, 2013 @ 1:24 am
@mochichan obviously a lot of people do. I just thought it was funny the few people I have mentioned them to absolutely hate them.
katahtattat
· Posted December 18, 2013 @ 1:24 am
katahtattat
· Posted December 18, 2013 @ 1:24 am

· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 12:37 am

Congrats AKB!  But now I'm curious, if AKB has the third highest record for total number of copies sold for singles, then who holds the top two spots, and how many records do those groups in 1st and 2nd have sold total?

raf
· Posted December 17, 2013 @ 1:06 am
I believe B'z is still #1 at over 50 millions copies of sales in single alone & Mr. Children's single sales is over 30 millions copies.
raf