AKB48's Sato Amina announces her graduation to become a voice actress

December 22, 2013 @ 11:09 am
  • 19354
On December 22, AKB48 team K member Sato Amina announced that she would graduate from the group.

She made the announcement on the day during the team K performance at the AKB48 theater. According to Sato, she will pursue her dream to become a voice actress.

SEE ALSO: AKB48 group's 'Request Hour' to be held on January 18 and 19

Sato joined the group in 2007, and after her activities as a Kenkyuusei, she was promoted into team A back in April 2008. She has been ranked number 8 for the "The 1st AKB48 Senbatsu General Election" which allowed her to become one of the Senbatsu members for the first time.

Previously, Sato voiced one of the main characters on TV anime "AKB0048", and was also a part of Seiyu Senbatsu unit "NO NAME."

The details on her graduation including the date have been undecided at press time.

Source & Image: natalie

Comments

· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 11:30 am

Amina's Blog (rough translation):

"I, Sato Amina, will graduate from AKB48 in order to advance on my way to becoming a voice actress.
I surprised you with this sudden announcement, didn't I?
But I have made my decision. I don't have any regrets.
Now I can only move forward!!!!
The date of my graduation is undecided but I will let you know when it's decided!
I am going to enjoy my time left in AKB to the fullest!
I love you all.
I love you very much."

Her announcement wasn't a surprise but the timing of it was considering it was made before the year end holidays.

Management shafted her too many times so it basically means it never truly believe in her and never really like her, even though she has relatively lots of fans.

Screw management!

It's good that Amina was working in radio shows and theatre shows concurrently working with AKB so at least she has things to do after leaving. The suddenness of the announcement appears that she already has some plans after leaving.

Good luck, Amina!

· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 12:28 am

T_T I just died a little inside. My 4th gen oshi is leaving. Watching her graduate is going to be Erepyon all over again for me.

Best of luck to her though.

· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Only a matter of time, there was nothing left for her in this group... The most underrated and overlooked member ever.. How do you rank in senbatsu 3 times and still not get a push by management smh... They rarely let her appear in stages nowadays and she got no invitations to appear on any of the AKBG shows so it was definitely time for her to go and i support her decision.... Best of luck

· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 3:14 pm

But what's even sadder is the statistics: 3 people, 0 Anine appearances since graduation

mochichan
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:30 am
Heard Sawako is doing well. She was in Love Lab and she's doing some stuffs for anime magazine. Kuumin studying to be a lawyer or something so she's not interest in entertainment industry. Nakaya seem more unfortunate tho...being a nugu in AKB didn't help her get jobs

· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

What's this? NO NAME curse? Nakaya, Kumin, Sawako, and now Amina.

mochichan
· Posted December 23, 2013 @ 3:27 am
Except for Kuumin and Sawako, the others graduations aren't surprising tho

· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

My kami oshi :(
She was chosen is media senbatsu _three_ times but never got the screen time she deserved. So sad :(

I wish her success and happiness on her new job.

· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 2:01 pm