Morning Musume to change their name to Morning Musume. '14

December 6, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

Producer Tsunku♂ has announced that Morning Musume will be changing their name to "Morning Musume. '14" in 2014.

SEE ALSO: Morning Musume leader Michishige Sayumi appears at event for pictorial book

Tsunku♂ commented, "From now to 10, 20, 30 years, in order to continue the group, and for people to immediately know the answers to simple questions such as, 'when was that single released?' or 'which generation Morning Musume was she?', I decided to add the 'year'.

The group will be called "Morning Musume. '14" starting New Year's Day. Similarly, they will be called "Morning Musume. '15" in 2015.

Morning Musume. '14 will release their first single of 2014 (currently untitled) on January 29th.

Source & Image: natalie

Comments

· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 7:20 am

I wonder if there's anyone out there who actually LIKES this idea.

· Posted December 13, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

Tsunku I'm you 'Father' & they will always be MoMusu to me....Oh well i'm relieved tsunku is NOT my son....

· Posted December 7, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It's something I'm looking foward to. I think just as Tsunku said, this will be a new feeling. You can analyse which "group" was your favorite and which people they worked with did the best job etc etc. Also you can give them a new image every year if you want to. Just like this comeback thing with K-Pop groups.

· Posted December 6, 2013 @ 11:57 pm

Well from here on out we will never wonder what year a Morning Musume song came out.

· Posted December 6, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

In my book, they will still be called just Morning Musume. Officially adding the year after it will not change that.

· Posted December 6, 2013 @ 10:08 pm

Ehhh, i understand the concept but that's a pretty f-ing stupid idea... Totally not necessary and will only draw criticism from antis....Wutever, they're still #1 in my book and that's the only  number that matters to me

· Posted December 6, 2013 @ 4:04 pm

I get the convenience of it, but come the f*ck on..........

Leave the name as is (IMO).

bbvoncrumb
· Posted December 6, 2013 @ 8:07 pm
Yeah, apparently it's good enough not to date every other group that ever existed, don't see why it's necessary now.