AKB48's Kato Rena to suspend performances due to sprained knee

January 23, 2014 @ 4:20 am

On January 22, it was revealed that AKB48's Kato Rena (16) would be suspending her performances for a short while due to her sprained right knee.

The group's blog stated, "Regarding Team B's Kato Rena, her right leg was injured during a shoot for a TV program the other day. After getting examined at the hospital, results showed that her right knee was sprained.

SEE ALSO: AKB48 reveal the title and cover jacket for their 5th album

"Because it will place an excessive burden on the lower half of her body, the doctor ordered her to rest for about 4 weeks. As such, she will be absent from 'Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014' on January 23, and she will also be suspending her performances at the AKB48 theater for a short while.

Kato commented, "To all fans who were looking forward to the concert and performances, I'm sorry to worry you. It is also my responsibility. I will take a break in order to get better as soon as possible. I'm really sorry to worry you."

Source & Image: Oricon

Comments

· Posted January 24, 2014 @ 4:49 am

AHHHH I woke up and found this article OMG Renacchi please rest and get well soon^-^

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 9:20 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)
renacchi_akboshi
· Posted January 24, 2014 @ 4:47 am
Stop spamming.

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 5:04 pm

First Chuba, now Renacchi. Girls, please be careful! Best wishes to the injured girls, I hope they get well soon!

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:15 am

She's one of the more-famous members here in Philippines and Vietnam. Please get well quickly, Renacchi.

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:08 am

Please get well.

iuslaystheworld
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:11 am
Please get well soon quickly Renacchi so I can watch you in the theater! I've already got my tickets to go next week and my Oshi will not be there. :P Get well!

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:01 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)
iuslaystheworld
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:04 am
Stop the ads.
letstoria
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:16 am
How can this ads still get in here. -.-
letstoria
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:16 am
@letstoria *these
hashiyuka
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 12:59 pm
@letstoria Disqus appears to have better anti-spam protection than the current comments system.

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 10:44 am

Renacchi :'( Get well soon :)

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 10:34 am

I just recently became her fan after watching her cover of Sakuranbo. Please heal quickly, Renacchi!

iuslaystheworld
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:06 am
Can I ask something? Who is the girl with her performing Sakuranbo?

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 10:31 am

Get well, Rena! I just became her fan after watching Maji3 and seeing her performing Nagisa No Cherry. She have a stable and beautiful voice. Get well soon Rena!! <3

hi5toryforever
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 10:47 am
That performance of hers made me to like Renacchi more~
iuslaystheworld
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:07 am
What I liked about that video is that her voice is so clear, her expressions are lively, and most of all, I see Renacchi and Acchan enjoying the song happily.

· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 9:28 am

Renacchi, get well~ I hope you'll heal up fast! I also wish that you'll rank in the next General Elections. Please rest, Renacchi!!

hi5toryforever
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 10:45 am
She is so talented, I hope too she'll rank in the 6th Sousenkyo.
iuslaystheworld
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:05 am
@hi5toryforever Its likely for her to rank in the next election since she's getting a lot of exposure lately. I hope all of Anrire will rank in the election.
mochichan
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 10:29 pm
@hi5toryforever "She is so talented," <-------- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Ew no she's so basic. We already got Shitruru and dead face Annin, do we need another basic chick? No.
novakayne27
· Posted January 23, 2014 @ 11:16 pm
@hi5toryforever Ehhhh, where is she talented... She shows no emotion whatsoever. Most of the time she makes it look like being in AKB is a annoying chore instead of a dream job Theres a reason as to why she didnt rank and the rest of the Anire ranked in the 20's. Management noticed this too and stopped promoting her as heavily as they did and the only reason shes making appearances now is because all the OG members are graduating