Concerts / Events

Morning Musume.'14 to hold a concert in New York

May 5, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

Morning Musume.'14 will be holding an independent concert at New York's Best Buy Theater on October 5.

This announcement was made by the members on May 5th during their concert at Nakano Sun Plaza Hall. Leader Michishige Sayumi called out, "We have a special announcement today!" and declared, "We, Morning Musume.'14, will hold an independent concert in October of this year in New York!

SEE ALSO: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume.'14 & Hello! Project this fall

As the audience excitedly cheered, Michishige continued, "As Morning Musume, we have held concerts in Asia, Los Angeles, and France until now. But as Morning Musume.'14, this will be our first overseas concert with these 10 members. So we are very fired up."  After pausing for a moment, she said, "Everyone... If you have the time, please come and see us.

This will be Morning Musume's first time in about 4 years to hold a concert overseas. Besides Michishige, this will be the first overseas concert for all members.

Source & Image: natalie

Comments

· Posted June 6, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

i will go even if i dont know them. i really wish to get back into jpop :) anyone know where to usually buy tickets?

· Posted May 9, 2014 @ 8:11 pm

In light of recent events I hope this turns out well for them. Tsunku has always wanted to break into the US music industry but has never really pushed. W (Doubleyou) may have tried if Kago didn't meltdown but aside from limited trips to Hawaii or LA. they never really pushed to get in. Now Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has held a real world tour with some sucess and BABYMETAL has announced their own world tour with 2 months free to make dates in Austrailia the US and other countries when neither existed 4 years ago. Maybe This is the time for Morning Musume to try as well.

· Posted May 8, 2014 @ 2:24 am

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way I do, But I have this feeling that I desperately want to meet them, but at the same time don't want to meet them. Morning Musume will always be at the top of my list in J-pop/K-pop but for some strange reason I don't want to actually meet them But I want to meet them... fml its wierd but yeah Just my 10 cents lol. Glad Sayu gets to perform in NY before she graduates. :)

· Posted May 7, 2014 @ 2:21 am

Lucker New Yorkers! I live all the way in Canada :( So close, yet so far...

alikat_101
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 8:44 pm
I live in Canada as well but I am planning on going this is pretty much a once in a lifetime chance..especially since Sayu is graduating ^.^

· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 3:55 pm

I liked to have freaked when I read this... Somehow...Some way, I will be there!!

· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 7:59 am

why they didn't do this with the previous members such a shame.

novakayne27
· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 7:25 pm
They did, the platinum era lineup went to Los Angeles in 09'. only the golden era members havent peformed in the continental US

· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 3:08 am

YES!!!!! I live like an hour away... I must be dreaming right, this cant be true

· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 10:58 pm

Despite not having much interest in the current Momusu, I'll go just to see Sayu one last time.

· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

lucky .....

· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 3:15 pm

I MUST go to this concert!!! It's the first time since I got into J-pop that an artist/group I like will be performing in the same state I live in. It's only a 6 hour drive from me. ^_^

· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

Lucky america T_T

I am so jealous... I don't think I will ever have the chance to see them before I die.

· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 1:20 pm