Music Releases

S/mileage change their group name to 'ANGERME'

December 17, 2014 @ 2:51 pm
S/mileage has changed their group name to "ANGERME."

SEE ALSO: 3 new members join S/mileage

This announcement was made during the final day of the group's tour "S/mileage Live Tour 2014 Aki ~FULL CHARGE~" held at TSUTAYA O-EAST on December 17.

"ANGERME" was named by member Nakanishi Kana, based off of over 10,000 submissions made by the public.

Nakanishi explained, "I made up the word by combining 'ange', meaning angel in French, and 'larme' meaning tear. I have a tender image for angel, and I named it wishing to spend days having a tender heart like an angel. Also, you shed tears when your feelings are at their height, like when you are too happy or too sad, so I wanted to shed that kind of tears with you guys."

Listening to her, the audience celebrated the new start of the group with a big applause.

#1

ANGERME will be releasing their first single under the new group name, entitled "Taiki Bansei / Otome no Gyakushu" on February 4.

One of the title tracks "Taiki Bansei" was written/composed by Nakajima Takui, and arranged by Suzuki Shunsuke, while "Otome no Gyakushu" was composed by Kawabe Hiroshi and Ueda Tadashi, and arranged by CMJK.

Source & Image(s): natalie

Comments

· Posted January 6, 2015 @ 9:59 pm

10,000 entries and no one told her the name is ANGER ME in English?

· Posted December 18, 2014 @ 5:46 pm

Wow ! French words combinaison XD It sounds like "en germe" which means "in germ" :P Ce n'est pas très beau comme nom ^^ I prefer S/mileage >.<

· Posted December 18, 2014 @ 4:58 am

The meaning behind the new name is definitely beautiful, but why didn´t she choose something like ´Angelar´ or ´Angla´? I mean, those are not the best choices as well, but still better than ´ANGERME´......and 10,000 entries for a new name and this is the one who came out on top?

Oh well, I am going to support them anyway because I love the group members and their songs, but maybe the fans could make up an acronym for them so I don´t have to constantly say that somebody should make me angry

· Posted December 17, 2014 @ 6:38 pm

okay i love smileage.. but angerme???? oh well but thank god this time Tsunku's not composing the songs. hopefully these music creators will make good songs for smileage

· Posted December 17, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

It sounds horrible to me because it looks like 'Anger Me'.